2022 Roster Changes

Leatherneck57

Extremely blessed to announce my commitment to Western Illinois University to pursue my dreams of playing Division 1 football and beyond! Thank you to everyone who has made this possible along the way! @PrieferJrWIU @Frana_WIU @HendricksonWIU #TRADITIONofTOUGH #Neckup #Committed
Attachments
6’1 220 LB/Long Snapper Steven Langton
6’1 220 LB/Long Snapper Steven Langton
F663667F-41B6-435B-B5F1-AD0208BB4C63.jpeg (668.94 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WR Dallas Daniels is headed to Jackson State
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:08 am WR Dallas Daniels is headed to Jackson State

Having Deion Sanders as a coach would be a heck of a draw, for sure.  ;)

Leatherneck57

rocki wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:22 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:08 am WR Dallas Daniels is headed to Jackson State

They just lost a starting O lineman and a starting D tackle.  I’m sure playing for Prime Time has its challenges too.

letsgonecks

Leatherneck57 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:56 am

They just lost a starting O lineman and a starting D tackle.  I’m sure playing for Prime Time has its challenges too.

Saw the OL and wondered if Yoesph Carter might try to get his old teammate to WIU.  Should be lots of action in the portal as spring practices have finished and the deadline to enter and play next year is May 1st.

Illinois just had a young big hit the portal in Brody Wisecarver from MO.  Would be a nice addition to our already solid OL recruiting class.

rocki

Leatherneck57 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:56 am

No doubt. Still, I think we've all known people who gravitate toward "name recognition". (Including the people who hire the recognized names  ;))

letsgonecks

Roster has been updated, but none of the new signees/transfers added.  They've added back a few players that weren't on the spring update (Watts, Chod Morrow) and some have been removed (most notable to me is Yoesph Carter).  A few position updates, number changes and most notably the heights and weights.  Doesn't really matter and I know everyone and every school inflates their height, but looks like coach is going legit with these and I like it.  Guys like Trace Brown and Detiveaux must have shrunk over the summer by 2 inches.

Funniest seeing the change between guys who play football and basketball.  They're 6-4 playing football and 6-7 when playing basketball.  Our best switcherroo would have to be Alie Walker 10 plus years ago, switching from OL to TE during the season and going from 285lbs at OL and the next week 255lbs at TE......like he lost a leg!!!!!
Western_101

When is the full 2022 roster finalized and made public?

GV Dad

Western_101 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:47 pm When is the full 2022 roster finalized and made public?

My guess would be after Camp starts in August.  Hopefully sooner, I'd like to see how many of the "commits" actually made it to campus.  
letsgonecks

We had a ton of guys transfer and maybe you don't care since they're no longer here, but like to keep track.  Will even include previous year players, if still playing college ball.

All are currently showing on their teams rosters
Greg Benton - LB -YSU
Dallas Daniels - WR -Jackson State
Kenyon TA Skinner - WR -Northern Michigan
D'angelo Biggs - WR - Eastern New Mexico
Nick D'Ambra - LS -Fresno State
Brandon Malkow - OL - Ball State
Michael Ross - OL - Indiana State
Matt Muetterties - OL - Western Michigan
Daniel Carson - DL -Georgia Tech
Darius Joiner - DB - Duke
Damien Crumitie - DB - UNI
Donovan Lacey - DB - Concord University

Isaiah Cherrier - RB - Northern State 
Malik Burns - DL - Bethune Cookman (roster not completely updated)
Taylor Harris - DB - Morehouse College (roster not updated)
Ka'Dedrick Richardson - WR - we'll see him in 2 weeks at UT Martin
Cam and Kahil Overton - WR/DB - Bethune-Cookman (roster not completely updated)
Jordan Schippers - RB-  K-State
Austin Hopp - OL - Hawaii 
Austin Harpenau - K - Southeast Missouri State
Isaiah Morrison - DB - Northern Michigan