2021 - at Northern Kentucky

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU at Northern Kentucky
6 PM (Central) on ESPN+

The NKU Norse are 2-1 so far with wins over DII Wheeling (82-54) and Eastern Michigan (74-73) and a loss to UNC Greensboro (70-69).
Last season they went 14-11 overall, 11-7 in the Horizon League, and lost to Oakland in the 2nd round of the Horizon League tournament.
They play in the Horizon League currently, but have been mentioned as a possible invitee to the MVC. They're located in the Cincinnati metro area and play in the beautiful 8,424-seat BB&T Arena.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Looking at stats and rosters, I think we match up pretty well with them, maybe even a little size advantage.  
My 2 cents is this:  Pearson will get his fair share of boards and then some. Would love to see him be a little more authoritative with the ball on offense, getting to point where he averages 10 to 12 per game.  A consistent inside scoring threat should open up things on the perimeter so things really click.  How good would life be if we had a dual personality and could pound it into the paint or nail a lot of 3s from the perimeter depending on the opponent?  Sweet AF.  I think we have the size to do it.

BTW, statistics link on main athletic site still pointing to  last year stats although latest are available if you click around enough to find them.  Ah, those damn little things.

Embrace the pace of the race.
loyalfan

I really hope we get these next two games, both very winnable, and keep up the momentum of respect we are getting.....(never thought I’d see the day where we were voted number 2 in the Summit League power rankings going into this week 😳)
sealhall74

Man, their zone causing us all kinds of problems and they hitting some shots from deep.
sealhall74

I would a throw a zone at them.  1-5 they are quicker and more athletic.
rocki

I'm glad to see they are working on getting rebounds - that was one of my biggest gripes previously.
sealhall74

Pretty ugly half for us.  Game still well within reach with some needed adjustments.  We mishandled some bunnies in the paint.
Neckfansince71

Just a bit out of sink at this point.  My comment at halftime would be, "take a breath" and relax for a moment.   ;)
 jc
rocki

For sure. That last possession was hard to watch - did they grease the basketball?

sealhall74

Nice comeback to start the 2nd half.