At EMU

leatherneckcountry

Anyone no why there's no Carius today hope nothing serious.
leatherneckcountry

Ugly early on looks like some of the games when mo was here.
rocki

Don't have a clue about Carius - the feed was bad when they were saying he wasn't playing, and I missed the reason.
Neckfansince71

They never said why he was not dressed.  Just that he would sit this one out.  Don't think it was anything too serious.  This team just put it on the line today and lost by 4 points.  Neither team knocked my socks off.  WIU just looked tired and frustrated to say the least.  Happens!  Time to get them home and let them sleep in their own bed.  They will look much different on Saturday.  You can mark my words. ;)
 jc
meganeck

Was out of the loop on things this afternoon and was disappointed to see the loss, but feel a little better about the loss seeing Carius didn't play, Also they had to be playing on tired legs. Still a little disappointed, but all in all a good start to the season.
Neckfansince71

And boy.............did we miss Carius's shooting and rebounding! ;)
 jc
wiu712

Eastern Michigan won the game 72-68.

Colton Sandage led the Western scoring with 21 points.  Luka Barisic had 16.  Trenton Massner had 10.

Attendance at Eastern Michigan = 1,145.

Next game will be at Western Hall on Saturday (Nov 27) vs Miami of Ohio.

Last edited by wiu712 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Western_101

Seal said we would come home at least 2-1. You've got some 'splaining to do Seal  8-)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Western_101 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:15 pm Seal said we would come home at least 2-1. You've got some 'splaining to do Seal  8-)

With Carius, I think we would be 2-1 on the trip. We were right with EWU the whole game...
It was really just down to a couple of plays right at the end...you have one or two things go the other way than they did and we would have won. I think Carius would have provided at least enough of a "boost" to make it.

Very impressed with how the guys played at the tail end of a tiring and tough road trip. Hopefully they can get home this evening and get a couple of days rest at home before taking on Miami.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:50 pm
Western_101 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:15 pm Seal said we would come home at least 2-1. You've got some 'splaining to do Seal  8-)

With Carius, I think we would be 2-1 on the trip. We were right with EWU the whole game...
It was really just down to a couple of plays right at the end...you have one or two things go the other way than they did and we would have won. I think Carius would have provided at least enough of a "boost" to make it.

Very impressed with how the guys played at the tail end of a tiring and tough road trip. Hopefully they can get home this evening and get a couple of days rest at home before taking on Miami.

I agree with you ST on all points.

Also, I get tired just driving a few hours in the car I can't imagine going from Macomb to Chicago to Cincinnati to Detroit sleeping in a strange (uncomfortable) bed, oh and then I have to perform at the D-I level against a decent Big East team a good Horizon Team and a pretty good MAC team. 

I like our odds with the next games at home, Miami will be tough.  Also that Game at Central Michigan scheduled for 1:00 Central Time the day after we play Tenn-Martin is F***ing brutal, that's a 8 hour bus ride to Mt Pleasant.  CMU really couldn't have at least made it a 3:00 tip?