Truman State Football

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
wiu712

NCAA Division 2 sponsors 4 bowl games.

Truman State will be playing in the America's Crossroads Bowl vs Hillsdale College (Michigan). The game will be played in Hobart, Indiana on December 4.

Truman State played in that same bowl game in 2019.

Western_101

Two things can be true at the same time no?

I don't care about any bowl game unless it's The big guys Rose, Orange, Fiesta, Sugar, Cotton, Peach/I'm iffy on Peach are they at the same stature of Sugar? No. Do they have the tradition of Cotton. Hmmmmm, I reserve judgement. anyway as for bowls that's it for me. I mean I will watch a bowl game as a societal excuse for me to day drink but the day drinking really is the reason. 

I didn't know D-II had bowl games, do they have a tie in with espn or any network?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Western_101 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:59 am Two things can be true at the same time no?

I don't care about any bowl game unless it's The big guys Rose, Orange, Fiesta, Sugar, Cotton, Peach/I'm iffy on Peach are they at the same stature of Sugar? No. Do they have the tradition of Cotton. Hmmmmm, I reserve judgement. anyway as for bowls that's it for me. I mean I will watch a bowl game as a societal excuse for me to day drink but the day drinking really is the reason. 

I didn't know D-II had bowl games, do they have a tie in with espn or any network?

As near as I can tell, the DII bowl games are not shown on any TV network or streaming service.

Just FYI, WIU is actually 2-1 historically in bowl games. Apparently it was the thing back in the day to get a few sponsors together and put together a small bowl game that would have some local/regional appeal.
WIU played in 3 incarnations of the "Corn Bowl" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_Bowl
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:04 am
Western_101 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:59 am Two things can be true at the same time no?

As near as I can tell, the DII bowl games are not shown on any TV network or streaming service.

Just FYI, WIU is actually 2-1 historically in bowl games. Apparently it was the thing back in the day to get a few sponsors together and put together a small bowl game that would have some local/regional appeal.
WIU played in 3 incarnations of the "Corn Bowl" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_Bowl

That would be fun to have as an in-state rivals game.