vs Ball State

Western_101

No pep band?
sealhall74

This team is impressive.  Several scoring threats.  Get after it on the boards (man is that a breath of fresh air from the MO and Billy eras).  I think the major weakness I see is guarding guys on the dribble - need better off ball help-side defense there.

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Western_101 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:18 pmNo pep band?
There was no Pep Band tonight.  The Concert Band and Wind Ensemble Winter Concert is Thursday night.  That may be the reason for the Pep Band's absence.

The game was on WILP, 98.1 FM, from Cuba, IL with R.J. Larson.

Western won the game 93-80.

Colton Sandage led the Western scoring with 33 points.  He was 7 for 9 on three-pointers.  Trenton Massner had 18.  Luka Barisic had 14,  Tamell Pearson had 13.

Attendance at Western Hall = 998.

Next game will be at Western Hall on Saturday (Dec 4) vs Tennessee-Martin.

vatusay

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:19 pm This team is impressive.  Several scoring threats.  Get after it on the boards (man is that a breath of fresh air from the MO and Billy eras).  I think the major weakness I see is guarding guys on the dribble - need better off ball help-side defense there.

I was coming here to say pretty much this exact same thing. My only gripe. Beat to the basket more often than not, like, almost every time down the court lol.  but I’ll take it.  Can be fixed. 

I am even more impressed by coach jeter watching him live. Great demeanor. Teaches every moment he can. Won’t say much about calls but when he does you know it. Just firm. To the point.

pearson looked hobbled pretty good. Hope sandage doesn’t have any lingering effects from when he went to locker room. 

I love seeing a good product in western hall. 

#ALLIN #YOLO
Neckfansince71

I thought the game on 98.1 and on the All-Access were very good.  I ended up listing to 98.1 for pre, post, and interviews but listened to All-Access with the video and it was pretty good.  98.1 works with an APP.  Pretty easy to use.  Definitely an update from years past. ;)
 jc

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:36 pm
Western_101 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:18 pmNo pep band?
There was no Pep Band tonight.  The Concert Band and Wind Ensemble Winter Concert is Thursday night.  That may be the reason for the Pep Band's absence.

Many of the members are also busy prepping for their trip to Hawaii (they leave at 2 AM Saturday morning). The Marching Leathernecks will be performing as part of the 80th National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day Commemoration.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

The guys on the live feed did a great job and 1 of them sounded really good.  Kid knew what he was talking about, never got over animated and was honest calling out fouls and turnover by us and not completely 1 sided, like you get with some announcers.

Compared to the Football guys this year, these dudes sounded like 20 year ESPN pros.
4EverPurple&Gold

letsgonecks wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:33 am The guys on the live feed did a great job and 1 of them sounded really good.  Kid knew what he was talking about, never got over animated and was honest calling out fouls and turnover by us and not completely 1 sided, like you get with some announcers.

Compared to the Football guys this year, these dudes sounded like 20 year ESPN pros.

Couldn't agree more! Not sure who they were, but was great and very refreshing. 
leatherneckcountry

With my work schedule I can't go to games during the week but watching replay on all access the crowd appeared big then 1000 especially if we had a 1500 against Iowa Wesleyan. 
Western_101

I like that we are able to see the action on the court with the all-access. Just one suggestion. The camera does not have to be completely zoomed out. We do not need to see the heads in front and every row of bleachers and the top rafters on the opposite side. Tighten the shot to show the floor and just the lower section of seating. Otherwise no issues the panning left and right is good enough camera work for a free feed. ;)

I thought the commentators were good. I assumed that was the radio guys (experienced people). I had my wife thoroughly irritated with the audio on my laptop and the audio of the Bradley game on the T.V. :lol:  I was told to pick one or the other.