vs Ball State

leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:53 pm The OVC must be the Rodney Dangerfield (no respect) of mid-majors.  Belmont should definitely be in the top 25, based on what I saw light night in Orlando.  Gave Dayton one hell of a game til the very end.  That 6'11'' MUSZYNSKI can flat out ball around the hoop.  Dayton had no answer for him.  They play Lipscomb on Thurs.  We shall see if they are deserving.

Belmont is a huge gain for the MVC next year with campus in Nashville.

They consider Belmont a mid major which is why there not on the list.

wiu712

Western_101 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:45 amI'm kinda irritated that the Ball State game wont be available for streaming on ESPN. Or am I mistaken? 

The Ball State game as well as Saturday's game with Tennessee-Martin will be on Fighting Leathernecks All-Access":
https://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Live=1628&type=Live

sealhall74

I saw something at the UCF-OK game on Saturday that I really liked.  Might work at Western Hall, dont know, maybe some law against it.  Take away the bleacher style seating at one end of the arena and replace it with a few (dozen or so?) bar style table and chair setups.  They had a bar and bartender nearby to take care of the folks sitting near that area.  I think it a great idea, a relaxing place to sit down, eat some munchies, sip some beer while watching the action from a very closeup and unique perspective.  Maybe things will be different this year with some success but in the past it seemed like the pep band had the west bleachers all to themselves.  Oh, except for that one student (the greatest fan ever, whatever happened to him?).  Students were all at the other end or spread out somewhere.  UCF had their pep band right next to the main student section.  It was a great atmosphere and I think the arena (which seats about 10K) was not even half full given the holiday weekend.

On the other hand, I hope the students can pack both east and west bleacher sections this year starting tomorrow night, shoulder to shoulder, butt to butt.  I will be there taking notes as usual.   ;)

Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:05 am I saw something at the UCF-OK game on Saturday that I really liked.  Might work at Western Hall, dont know, maybe some law against it.  Take away the bleacher style seating at one end of the arena and replace it with a few (dozen or so?) bar style table and chair setups.  They had a bar and bartender nearby to take care of the folks sitting near that area.  I think it a great idea, a relaxing place to sit down, eat some munchies, sip some beer while watching the action from a very closeup and unique perspective.  Maybe things will be different this year with some success but in the past it seemed like the pep band had the west bleachers all to themselves.  Oh, except for that one student (the greatest fan ever, whatever happened to him?).  Students were all at the other end or spread out somewhere.  UCF had their pep band right next to the main student section.  It was a great atmosphere and I think the arena (which seats about 10K) was not even half full given the holiday weekend.

On the other hand, I hope the students can pack both east and west bleacher sections this year starting tomorrow night, shoulder to shoulder, butt to butt.  I will be there taking notes as usual.   ;)

My marketing mind is working overtime today.   Throw in a lucky ticket drawing for one of those bar table sets to a patron at each home game.  Every guy;s mancave needs an upgrade.

wiu712

Looks like tonight's game will be on WILP, 98.1 FM, from Cuba, Illinois:
https://streamdb9web.securenetsystems.n ... ent/WILPFM&

sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:45 am Looks like tonight's game will be on WILP, 98.1 FM, from Cuba, Illinois:
https://streamdb9web.securenetsystems.n ... ent/WILPFM&

Dumb question but I will ask it anyway.  Do we pay them for their service or do they pay us for the exclusive privilege?  I am pretty sure when you reach a certain size in the business, the broadcaster always pays the broadcastee a guaranteed amount up front with the hopes of offsetting it with increased advertising revenue down the road during the broadcast.  I also assume we are not that, so which is it?

Just looked on Massey.  Like 8 of next 9 games (all except Iowa) we are favored in,  2 point favorite in this game.

wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:30 amDumb question but I will ask it anyway.  Do we pay them for their service, or do they pay us for the exclusive privilege?

I don't know about the Western situation.  Some schools "buy" the time from the radio station, and then go out and sell their own advertising with all of that revenue going to the school.

Sports Chat Place has Western as a 5-point favorite in tonight's game:
https://sportschatplace.com/college-bas ... ions-odds/

sealhall74

Unfortunately, wont be coming in for this one.  Had to wait around for some covid-testing results (not mine).  Results turned out good but came too late for me to make this trip.  Saturday games are on the bucket list now.  I also see that the WIU alum with the golden voice (Redrick Terry) has moved from WHBF to KWQC.  Congrats to him.
Rocky Swishterson

Thanks for the heads up on the live feed. First time viewer there. Did not know it existed. Great to see. Team looking great. Waiting for stands to fill up. If they keep winning, they will come.
loyalfan

That was pretty solid, better free throws would be nice but I will take it..good to see the crowd starting to come back..good team win..I plan on coming in for S Dakota and South Dakota State games