vs UT-Martin

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

We host UT-Martin at 1 PM on Saturday, December 4.
The Skyhawks are 3-5 overall this season:
  • Lost at #17 Tennessee, 90-62
  • Beat USCAA Miami-Hamilton, 94-66
  • Paradise Classic in Boca Raton, FL
    • Lost to Florida Atlantic, 75-67
    • Lost to Troy, 80-67
    • Beat North Dakota, 77-72
  • Beat NCCAA Carver College, 103-43
  • Lost at Western Kentucky, 81-66
  • Lost at Middle Tennessee State, 73-61
UT-Martin: BPI #297, KenPom #343, Massey #309
WIU: BPI #199, KenPom #179, Massey #166
Massey gives us a 78% chance of victory with a predicted score of 78-70.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Hoping we can get up big early in 2nd half and rest some guys for tomorrow. Would love to see a little less dribbling on our part and more crisp passes.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:03 pm Hoping we can get up big early in 2nd half and rest some guys for tomorrow. Would love to see a little less dribbling on our part and more crisp passes.

Idk if I'd call it a big lead, but we were up early and never gave up the lead, winning 81-64.
Carius led the team with 26 points. Pearson and Massner each had 7 rebounds, and Dixon had 9 points and 6 rebounds off the bench.

Quick turnaround to the next game, with a ~7 hour drive (unless they fly) up to Mt. Pleasant, MI to take on Central Michigan at 1 PM tomorrow afternoon.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Western's Burlington Trailways Bus was warming up outside of Western Hall for their trip up to Central Michigan.

Tomorrow's 1:00 PM game will be on ESPN 3 and also on WILP Radio, 98.1 FM.

Central Michigan is 1-6 on the season.  Their one win was a 62-61 victory over Eastern Illinois.

Western is now 7-2 on the season.  The seven wins matches last year's total (7-15 last year).

leatherneckcountry

So they played some games for the kids today like they used to do.
sealhall74

The game I want to see is "Give Rocky a Bone".  Build a little custom dog house maybe 4 or 5 feet tall and wide with a open door in it.  Give a student a few tries to use a hockey stick to slide a plastic "bone" into the door from some reasonable distance away, maybe half court, or 3 point line?).  Let's get creative here.

Need much work on concessions.  Not much selection.  Let's get some Dippin Dots or something for the kids.  I had a Rocky Dog today, probably the first one off the grill.  Not exactly hot but good enough.  Asked for a napkin, no can do.  I tipped generously anyway.  If it's me, I move the concession sales points to inside the arena at the corners.  Far end seats were not rolled out anyway.  Perfect location for the concessions.  Mobile moveable carts or whatever is required to keep things safe and hot or cold.  Making people stand in one long line in that "Equipment Storage Shed" not a good idea.  I wanted something at half-time, one look at the line, I said nope.

Also, no video boards.  Are they going up?

Update:  My wife said just make the dog house box a faux front piece of wood with a slot in it.  That's even better, saves storage space.

Last edited by sealhall74 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sealhall74

Pearson impressed me today, especially early in the game.  Ended up with 17 points today, including a nice 3 from the wing.  If he gets 12 a game, we are going to be tough to beat.