Remember when ...

rocki

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:45 am The longer it drags on the less confident I am. I love the Jeter hire, but that also seems like a no brainer looking back on it. 

Frankly, I'd be more nervous if they were in a hurry to hire the earliest applicant. At least (to me) this seems like they are taking their time and looking for the best fit.
L'Étranger

rocki wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:40 pm
GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:45 am The longer it drags on the less confident I am. I love the Jeter hire, but that also seems like a no brainer looking back on it. 

Frankly, I'd be more nervous if they were in a hurry to hire the earliest applicant. At least (to me) this seems like they are taking their time and looking for the best fit.

This may have been accurate Nov 15, but we're halfway through December now. Never say never, I know, but this glacial speed does not inspire confidence.
L'Étranger

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:45 am
sealhall74 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:43 pm I can see not wanting to announce ANYTHING during finals week.  Friday after noon, that's maybe OK.

Not sure why it would be bad to announce during finals week?  I would rather the kids meet their Coach in person before they all head out of town for the break. 

Absolutely.
rocki

L'Étranger wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:27 pm
rocki wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:40 pm

This may have been accurate Nov 15, but we're halfway through December now. Never say never, I know, but this glacial speed does not inspire confidence.

Just because I can't remember, when was the last day they accepted applications?
Western_101

This is arguably as big a hire as the University President. The last coach was nice, whatever Western is he kinda took it down a notch or two. 

This ain't a League for beginners, that's for G*d D*mned sure. It shouldn't take this F*cking long!!

Western_101

I think we are F*cked.
T
Sometimes the best answer isn't loyalty.

I want a guy that will be here for 4 or 5 years and bring this program back from the brink. I also understand there is value in stability. If we are sniffing around in the NAIA ranks, Lord have mercy. There would most certainly be many caveats in that contract.

I was actually feeling better about the World, got my shots, felt a sigh of relief that Elliott was done,  Not in love with the new president, however I guarantee it is not in his DNA to get in bed with a politician,  I told myself I wouldn't comment on this cats general inability to speak fluent English. His predecessor couldn't either.

The thing Huangs got going for him is he seems quite likeable, he has checked his Ego at the door, that goes a long way. 
GV Dad

Western_101 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:38 am
Completely agree. 
sealhall74

Sniff wherever the sniffins good.  Our cat Zoey approaches life that way.   :lol:

Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:32 am Sniff wherever the sniffins good.  Our cat Zoey approaches life that way.   :lol:

:lol:

rocki

Western_101 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:38 am I think we are F*cked.
T
Sometimes the best answer isn't loyalty.

I want a guy that will be here for 4 or 5 years and bring this program back from the brink. I also understand there is value in stability. If we are sniffing around in the NAIA ranks, Lord have mercy. There would most certainly be many caveats in that contract.

I was actually feeling better about the World, got my shots, felt a sigh of relief that Elliott was done,  Not in love with the new president, however I guarantee it is not in his DNA to get in bed with a politician,  I told myself I wouldn't comment on this cats general inability to speak fluent English. His predecessor couldn't either.

The thing Huangs got going for him is he seems quite likeable, he has checked his Ego at the door, that goes a long way. 

Thank you, Mary Sunshine.  :roll: