Remember when ...

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I'm willing to wait and see how this process plays out. I think the AD has earned that at this point with a string of hires that are or have the potential to be successful...Coach Jeter, Trey Brokaw (T&F), Alisa Goler (softball). I feel like they also handled the situation with Coach Elliott well, letting him go in a way that didn't seem to burn any bridges or alienate any of the current players.

Sure, I would have liked to have seen someone hired by now, but we don't know where we are in the process currently. Maybe they're waiting on someone who's still in the FCS playoffs...a coordinator at SDSU or NDSU or something...or maybe they've already got their coach, but the process going through HR to get the hiring made official is taking a while (they're SEVERELY understaffed right now and things are taking a while on many fronts, just fyi).

My point is, we don't know the entire pool of applicants, we don't know the finalists, and we don't know where they are in the decision making process. Until we know at least some of those, I don't think we can really say how things are going.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:41 pm I'm willing to wait and see how this process plays out. I think the AD has earned that at this point with a string of hires that are or have the potential to be successful...Coach Jeter, Trey Brokaw (T&F), Alisa Goler (softball). I feel like they also handled the situation with Coach Elliott well, letting him go in a way that didn't seem to burn any bridges or alienate any of the current players.

Sure, I would have liked to have seen someone hired by now, but we don't know where we are in the process currently. Maybe they're waiting on someone who's still in the FCS playoffs...a coordinator at SDSU or NDSU or something...or maybe they've already got their coach, but the process going through HR to get the hiring made official is taking a while (they're SEVERELY understaffed right now and things are taking a while on many fronts, just fyi).

My point is, we don't know the entire pool of applicants, we don't know the finalists, and we don't know where they are in the decision making process. Until we know at least some of those, I don't think we can really say how things are going.

I wish we had a clapping hands gif - this post requires one. Thank you for saying what some of us are thinking, but couldn't put it as eloquently as you did. Tip of the hat, sir.
huskie

I can see white smoke coming from Western Hall, an announcement will be coming soon.
Leatherneck57

Great Day to be a Leatherneck!  
huskie

It's always a great day to be a Leatherneck!
L'Étranger

rocki wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:39 pm
L'Étranger wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:27 pm
rocki wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Frankly, I'd be more nervous if they were in a hurry to hire the earliest applicant. At least (to me) this seems like they are taking their time and looking for the best fit.

This may have been accurate Nov 15, but we're halfway through December now. Never say never, I know, but this glacial speed does not inspire confidence.

Just because I can't remember, when was the last day they accepted applications?

I think it's still technically open.

Last edited by L'Étranger on Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L'Étranger

L'Étranger wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:27 pm
rocki wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:40 pm
GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:45 am The longer it drags on the less confident I am. I love the Jeter hire, but that also seems like a no brainer looking back on it. 

Frankly, I'd be more nervous if they were in a hurry to hire the earliest applicant. At least (to me) this seems like they are taking their time and looking for the best fit.

This may have been accurate Nov 15, but we're halfway through December now. Never say never, I know, but this glacial speed does not inspire confidence.

Glaciers appear to be moving. Cross your fingers.
L'Étranger

Reminder to myself to read the entire thread before posting. 
sealhall74

Wow, the internet is fast.  Sometimes things fly by so fast you blink and you :lol:
 miss 'em.   
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:10 pm Wow, the internet is fast.  Sometimes things fly by so fast you blink and you :lol:
 miss 'em.   

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000