12/22/21 - @Omaha

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Maybe this will be a wake up call. I’m glad that they did so well OOC, but just because you beat Nebraska doesn’t mean you can just walk through the conference. These are the games that really matter if we want a chance at doing well at the conference tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

Not going to win many games 7-37 from three. 

The last two games, I think the lack of depth has been the biggest weakness of the team. 

I have confidence they will bounce back. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

Omaha won the game 84-78.  Omaha breaks their 11-game losing streak.

Trenton Massner led the Western scoring with 26 points.  Will Carius had 20.  Colton Sandage had 16.

Omaha's largest lead was 13 points (52-39).

Big difference tonight in Bench Points:  28 for Omaha.  Just 4 for Western.

Attendance at Omaha = 1,430

Next game will be at Iowa on Dec 29.  Game time is 7:00 PM.

UNO breaks 11-game losing streak with win over Western Illinois.
From the Omaha World-Herald:
https://omaha.com/sports/college/uno/un ... 3acac.html

sealhall74

Wonder what a coach tells his kids when the 3s are not falling.  Keep chucking them, the law of averages will eventually kick in?  Or ok, let's work the ball into the paint a little more?

Did not get to see or hear the game last night (anniversary dinner).  The bad stat is we missed a lot of 3s.  The good stat is we chased a bunch of them down (18) and got a second look.

IMO, the bigs must be consistent scorers - TP and LB need to average combined 20+ points per game around the bucket to balance our attack.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Live by the 3, die by the 3.  Was wondering when they'd hit a cold streak and that happened in Denver, but was hoping that was attributed to the change in altitude and being tired.

Started writing something yesterday about staying cold and losing to Omaha, but didn't want to jinx us.  Omaha has played a pretty tough schedule, so didn't think they'd be overly intimated by WIU coming to town.  They had shots falling that probably haven't all year and we couldn't make any open looks.

We've won plenty of games thus far by knocking down 3's, so this is going to happen.  Lets just hope we get back to another hot streak soon, like very soon, like against Iowa and be 2-0 against the Big 10.  The odds will be against us, but hot shooting from deep and a cold night from Iowa would get us a W.   
meganeck

Really bad loss imo, granted it was on the road and no conference game will be easy this year, but a game they definitely should have or needed to win if they want to be one of the upper echelon teams