1/1/22 - @ St. Thomas

Neckfansince71

Tentative to be sure! ;)jc

sealhall74

My first basketball coach (3rd grade I think) was the janitor at the elementary school, father of a schoolmate, a big guy with a voice that would carry a country mile.  As we progressed through the years, the coaching duties turned to the teachers as you might expect but he never missed a game.  Always sat in  the top row in the bleachers in the pretty much the same seat.  When things got a little stagnant (i.e. lack of "fluidity") on the court, he would let out a one word yell in a deep baritone voice "MOOOOOOVE" that would literally rattle the rafters in the gym.  BTW, my schoolmate ended up marrying a gal from Roseville who worked at WIU for many years in the Data Processing Dept as a programmer.  Prettty sure she is retired now.

Anyone here have that deep baritone voice?  Does not have to carry a full country mile.   :lol:

Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:39 pm My first basketball coach (3rd grade I think) was the janitor at the elementary school, father of a schoolmate, a big guy with a voice that would carry a country mile.  As we progressed through the years, the coaching duties turned to the teachers as you might expect but he never missed a game.  Always sat in  the top row in the bleachers in the pretty much the same seat.  When things got a little stagnant (i.e. lack of "fluidity") on the court, he would let out a one word yell in a deep baritone voice "MOOOOOOVE" that would literally rattle the rafters in the gym.  BTW, my schoolmate ended up marrying a gal from Roseville who worked at WIU for many years in the Data Processing Dept as a programmer.  Prettty sure she is retired now.

Anyone here have that deep baritone voice?  Does not have to carry a full country mile.   :lol:

Also, when a team is down big and makes a comeback with still more work to do, I would like to see coaches call a time out, give the kids a breather, encourage them to do more.  Too many times, they want to continue the momentum, instead they run out of steam and I think that happened here.  CAlling a timeout in that situation has the same effect as Icing the FG kicker and statistically, iced kickers do a little worse than non-iced kickers in crucial situation.

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

St. Thomas puts away Western Illinois.
From the Twin Cities Pioneer Press
 https://www.twincities.com/2022/01/01/4051076/