1/1/22 - @ St. Thomas

Necks2003

Embarrassing once again.
sealhall74

We are playing NBA ball.  Lots of guys playing 1 on 1 ball. 8 assists. smh
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

And giving up 90 points to a D-III team.....how does that ever happen. 
wiu712

Saint Thomas wins the game 89-66.

Trenton Massner and Tamell Pearson led the Western scoring with 13 points.  Will Carius and Luka Barisic each had 10.

Western was 4 for 18 (22%) on three-pointers.

Western had 11 Bench Points.

Attendance at Saint Thomas = 797

Next game will be at Western Hall on Thursday (Jan 6) vs UMKC.  Game time is 6:00 PM.

sealhall74

The Tommies earned my respect today and then some.

https://thesummitleague.org/news/2021/7 ... basketball.

Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

Ouch. Couldn’t watch and didn’t but I have said before I think St.Thomas will be a heavy hitter way earlier than expected. I don’t see them sticking around the summit too long. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the MVC or bigger within five years. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
meganeck

vatusay wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:54 am Ouch. Couldn’t watch and didn’t but I have said before I think St.Thomas will be a heavy hitter way earlier than expected. I don’t see them sticking around the summit too long. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the MVC or bigger within five years. 

I've thought this also, St Thomas will be with the Dakotas in winning in most sports in the conference. Still it is embarrassing for the men and women's teams to lose to a team that wasn't a D1 school a year ago. And maybe that is part of the team, they didn't take them seriously. So what is going on with the men's team. What looked like could be a special season is slowly fading away. 
vatusay

It is a bit concerning. They haven’t passed the eye test since EIU game. I’m still holding on to some optimism. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
Neckfansince71

We just lacked fluidity from what I could see.  Our O just could not put it together with any regularity.  We missed shots and ended up trying to force the action with little show for it.  We got with-in 4 and just could not hang onto the momentum with the Tommies hitting some very solid shots.  Against our 1/2 court zone press they basically moved the ball to a wide-open shooter who buried it for 3 and more momentum.  They had someone in Carius's pocket all night and we basically ended up running our offense further and further out from the basket as the night went on.  They ran the weave to perfection a number of times for layups.  They could not miss and we let them dictate the game all night.  Not sure what is wrong at this point except we have lost our swagger and confidence and we have been gone way to long.  Our guards were really frustrated with the calls and it seemed like we missed some bunnies inside which were at point blank range.   ;) jc

rocki

Seems like the wheels came off the bus after the 2 week break. Don't know what happened, but they should have had the rust knocked off by now.