News from Around the Summit League

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

The craziness of the transfer portal continues...great player for North Dakota jumps to conference-mate South Dakota for next year:

(I'm not going to post all the Summit League transfers, just the interesting ones)
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

Transfer portal has ruined college athletics.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

vatusay wrote:Transfer portal has ruined college athletics.
It can be better for the athletes themselves, but it’s worse for just about everyone else. Just saw a tweet saying that 4 of 5 USD starters from this past season have entered the portal. I think this is just the way it’s going to be for the foreseeable future. The most successful coaches are going to be the ones who can mine the portal and can put together a solid group for 1-2 years before everyone bolts for the “big dogs”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:47 am The craziness of the transfer portal continues...great player for North Dakota jumps to conference-mate South Dakota for next year:

(I'm not going to post all the Summit League transfers, just the interesting ones)

The worst part about this was that he was rumored to be going to USD before he even entered the transfer portal. 

sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:53 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:47 am The craziness of the transfer portal continues...great player for North Dakota jumps to conference-mate South Dakota for next year:

The worst part about this was that he was rumored to be going to USD before he even entered the transfer portal. 

He is probably one of the reasons they let the coach go.  Todd Lee seemed to bring in more players from out of the region and overseas and apparently overlooked this kid (and probably his brother too next year) who live a half hour away from Vermillion.  SMH

Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

UMKC hired a women's coach today and ORU has let their women's coach go.
OldHare

Dawn Plitzuweit appears to be headed to West Virginia as head coach of WBB.
sealhall74

OldHare wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:11 am Dawn Plitzuweit appears to be headed to West Virginia as head coach of WBB.

You think AJ follows to play for Huggins?
One of my most pleasant hoops memories last few years was watching Coach Huggy Bear and the 'Neers win it all at ESPN Disney in 2017.

sealhall74

You don't think they would steal JD do you?  Don't tell me its never been done.   :lol:

Money talks.  All the rest walks.
 He is now the second best coach in Summit next to only the other AJ IMHO.
Hard to say how good he could be in a state that worships basketball almost as much as religion itself.

wiu712

The Women's NIT Semi-Final games are tonight:

6:30 PM:  Seton Hall at Middle Tennessee.

7:00 PM:  UCLA at South Dakota State.

Both games will be on ESPN 3.