Signed 2022 Class

sealhall74

Now, can our speedy RB recruit find a sliver of daylight between the big men up front?  Can't run thru em - just ask Max Norris. 
Sometimes you can hide behind them for a while until something opens up - just ask JC Baker.  :lol:

Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

Western_101 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:34 am Seth Glatz is a flashy get. In the sense he is held in very high esteem in the Greater Peoria area.  I could break down some games, ......his speed is his biggest upside. 

Hopefully this kid will be a steal, read a couple of articles on him and sounds like people around him were surprised bigger programs weren't in on him. Sounds like his coach reached out to teams but had no real interest. This was back when Elliott was still the coach, so glad to see this coaching staff had interest. Also some FCS and FBS were interested but wanted him to play defense, but he wanted to play on offense in college.

sealhall74

meganeck wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:38 pm
Western_101 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:34 am Seth Glatz is a flashy get. In the sense he is held in very high esteem in the Greater Peoria area.  I could break down some games, ......his speed is his biggest upside. 

Hopefully this kid will be a steal, read a couple of articles on him and sounds like people around him were surprised bigger programs weren't in on him. Sounds like his coach reached out to teams but had no real interest. This was back when Elliott was still the coach, so glad to see this coaching staff had interest. Also some FCS and FBS were interested but wanted him to play defense, but he wanted to play on offense in college.

I think kids at the 1A and 2A  levels dont get a lot of respect from D1 coaches.  Maybe justifiably so.  I grew up in a small school.  I know kids can have really good years on the field and then get to college where they are just average ordinary players (even at the intramural level).   ;)

leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:01 pm

I think kids at the 1A and 2A  levels dont get a lot of respect from D1 coaches.  Maybe justifiably so.  I grew up in a small school.  I know kids can have really good years on the field and then get to college where they are just average ordinary players (even at the intramural level).   ;)

There a 5A school but I still  agree. Kind of reminds me when Robinson broke most of the Illinois rushing records and ended up at ISU and had very few offers.

Last edited by leatherneckcountry on Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:39 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:01 pm

There a 5A school but I still  agree.

My bad.  I read somewhere they were 2A but that must be basketball.  Enrollment about 950.  We aint talking Chicago public or suburbs for sure.
letsgonecks

Leatherneck57 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:29 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:32 pm

Leathernecks land another BIG time LB out of CBC High School in St. Louis!  6’3 210 Jaycob Tatum!  This kid is so fast off the edge!  His brother is NBA star Jayson Tatum.  Got a nice little pipeline going from St. Louis to Macomb.  This is a special freshman class!

He's teammates with fellow LB signee Kendall Huston.  Former Leatherneck Eric Carrera and didn't realize until looking it up, Herb Donaldson went there.

Both Tatum and Huston just won a bball championship with Larry Hughes Jr who's a 3 star guard that hasn't committed.  His dad was in the league for years and would be nice to start that bball pipeline with Tatums dad coaching.

sealhall74

letsgonecks wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:45 am
Leatherneck57 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:29 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:32 pm

Leathernecks land another BIG time LB out of CBC High School in St. Louis!  6’3 210 Jaycob Tatum!  This kid is so fast off the edge!  His brother is NBA star Jayson Tatum.  Got a nice little pipeline going from St. Louis to Macomb.  This is a special freshman class!

He's teammates with fellow LB signee Kendall Huston.  Former Leatherneck Eric Carrera and didn't realize until looking it up, Herb Donaldson went there.

Both Tatum and Huston just won a bball championship with Larry Hughes Jr who's a 3 star guard that hasn't committed.  His dad was in the league for years and would be nice to start that bball pipeline with Tatums dad coaching.

Looks like they won the football championship this year as well.  Can we just recruit the whole graduating class and call it a day.  Seriously, maybe it makes sense to let some of these studs who know how to win play more than one sport.  It is a little harder these days with the football playoffs extending well into December (or longer) but still doable IMHO.  Not sure Coach Hen would agree with this.  lol

leatherneckcountry

Leatherneck57

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:34 pm

Mike’s dad was a Leatherneck and teammate of Rich Seubert.

Attachments
Mike Newman II
Mike Newman II
3F6245DE-9EC6-49BB-A384-DF316491E1E4.jpeg (5.05 MiB) Viewed 853 times
leatherneckcountry