FBS transfers

Western_101

Let us be honest.

4 losing seasons, sub par facilities, NAIA coach. Macomb which I love/hate, is also a liability. I get it. It will be ugly for a bit.  However the man (system) has it's mechanisms that take time to unfold. This system is not predicated on the ever prevelant FBS trasnsfer.  NDSU dosen't operate that way. It will take time, however, if we can weather the storm. 2 wins 4 wins .......it will get us back on track for the playoffs. 
GV Dad

I don't disagree with you on your basic premise.  FBS transfers are not the way to go.  I have always said, kids transfer for reasons.  Some of those reasons always come with them.  I do think there is more talent in our locker room today than some realize.  With a much easier schedule, I really don't think a 2 win season is ahead of us.  However, it will be a climb to get the program to where we all think it should be.  
letsgonecks

Donny Navarro from IL posted on the 9th he was in for a visit.  He and Carlos Sandy are both potential IL WR transfers.

Navarro and Coach Grant should have connected well with similar backgrounds.  Both IL kids who had great numbers out of HS and didn't get any big offers.  Grant put up huge freshman numbers at Ambrose and decided to take shot at IL and eventually cracked the staring lineup.  Navarro was only offered by non scholarship Valp, had a great freshman year and took his shot at IL to eventually crack the starting lineup.

Excited about our incoming WR's, but would like to add some experience out there with Daniels.  
GV Dad

Transfers should be to fill immediate needs, not as a base for your recruiting philosophy.  I would love to see the 2 Illinois WRs, as I think this is our biggest area of need right now.  I think Tajh Sanders can play right away, and Jason Heller should be ready to contribute.  But the only experience we have is DD, and he can use some help.  

L'Étranger

Agreed, but we'll need to rely more heavily on transfers for at least a couple more year as these HS kids develop. If time shows that Hen has recruited well, as those kids fill gameday roles and subsequent classes are just as successful, then we'll be able to wean ourselves off the transfer teat.
wiu712

meganeck

letsgonecks wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:03 pm Donny Navarro from IL posted on the 9th he was in for a visit.  He and Carlos Sandy are both potential IL WR transfers.

Navarro and Coach Grant should have connected well with similar backgrounds.  Both IL kids who had great numbers out of HS and didn't get any big offers.  Grant put up huge freshman numbers at Ambrose and decided to take shot at IL and eventually cracked the staring lineup.  Navarro was only offered by non scholarship Valp, had a great freshman year and took his shot at IL to eventually crack the starting lineup.

Excited about our incoming WR's, but would like to add some experience out there with Daniels.  

I believe Navarro announced he is attending Northwestern.
meganeck

WIU offered Sy Dabney a DB transfer from Bowling Green, Grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility left