2022 Roster

letsgonecks

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:24 am
letsgonecks wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:51 am
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:37 pm Tough to see Sandage go, but from the games I went to you can tell he really cared about being here and was fun to watch. I feel like the game is now transfer u and with the covid year throws some things off too. Hope this isn't a sign that Jeter and crew are out the door too. Not having an AD or men's basketball coach would be crazy 

I'm worried about Jeter being gone as well.  Milwaukee is in need of a new HC and haven't had a winning season since his last season.  The previous AD that ridiculously fired him is no longer there.

When did she leave she is still in the directory as there Ad

You are correct, I should have fact checked.  Thought she was let go last year, but maybe there was just some potential pressure because of the poor basketball performance.

Guess that likely rules that out.

Tere North

letsgonecks wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:47 am
letsgonecks wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:51 am
I'm worried about Jeter being gone as well.  Milwaukee is in need of a new HC and haven't had a winning season since his last season.  The previous AD that ridiculously fired him is no longer there.

You are correct, I should have fact checked.  Thought she was let go last year, but maybe there was just some potential pressure because of the poor basketball performance.

Danielle's lasd day as AD is March 18, 2022, however, she will remain on a contract basis until a new AD is appointed.
leatherneckcountry

Tere wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:07 am
letsgonecks wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:47 am

Danielle's lasd day as AD is March 18, 2022, however, she will remain on a contract basis until a new AD is appointed.

We weren't talking abount Danielle. 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Found this site that has some great data about players and the transfer situation: https://evanmiya.com/
If you use the links on the left side, go to Transfer Portal, you can view the players listed in the portal so far (the advanced filters lets you filter by team, conference, etc.)

Also, the #1 and #7 transfers so far are from the Summit League (SDSU's Noah Friedel, and NDSU's Sam Griesel who has already decided on Nebraska).

There's a lot of other data available there, although it seems to be running a little slow currently.
EDIT - ok, now it looks like the site has crashed...maybe check back later. Trust me, lots of good data.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:05 pm Found this site that has some great data about players and the transfer situation: https://evanmiya.com/
If you use the links on the left side, go to Transfer Portal, you can view the players listed in the portal so far (the advanced filters lets you filter by team, conference, etc.)

Also, the #1 and #7 transfers so far are from the Summit League (SDSU's Noah Friedel, and NDSU's Sam Griesel who has already decided on Nebraska).

There's a lot of other data available there, although it seems to be running a little slow currently.
EDIT - ok, now it looks like the site has crashed...maybe check back later. Trust me, lots of good data.

He (Evan) did his undergrad at Taylor U.  Probably been to a "Silent Night" or two.   :lol:

Pearson not on the list.  Maybe Grad Transfers are treated differently?  Or he withdrew?

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:57 pmHe (Evan) did his undergrad at Taylor U.  Probably been to a "Silent Night" or two.   :lol:

Pearson not on the list.  Maybe Grad Transfers are treated differently?  Or he withdrew?

Pearson just showed up on Verbal Commits as entering the transfer portal:

Neckfansince71

So how in the hell can you build a program if people keep setting course for so called “greener” pastures?  I really think that there will be a whole lotta disappointed players out there.   ;)
 Jc
loyalfan

My thought..is that if you read the posts/comments on Twitter or what not..I kinda read between the lines like  this was something planned like a pact or something that was discussed for awhile by the guys that are transferring and the ones that did last year.. I have no issues if you graduate and wanna go play somewhere else your last year, like closer to home or something, but honestly a lot of these guys are gonna be on the bench or playing at a lower level..that’s just the truth..now was something done or said by the Coach or Asst. Coaches to bring on this mass exodus, I don’t know..maybe..but I swear something changed this year at Christmas break. Well let’s get used to a whole new roster next year..a ton of very good players out there if they can be convinced to come to Macomb..Hopefully Massner and Lamar are back ...not sure about QB because he was out all year injured...ok I’m done.. and yes I do overthink things and all that but not so sure this time lol
sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:34 pm So how in the hell can you build a program if people keep setting course for so called “greener” pastures?  I really think that there will be a whole lotta disappointed players out there.   ;)
 Jc

I would start by making sure my own pasture is "well-fertilized", i.e. recruiting HS kids who have some size or exhibit potential (Gilbeck comes to mind) and more importantly, putting in the time to develop them (I struggle to come up with other players who actually got better each year during the course of a 4 or 5 year stint, although maybe Ceola or Garrett fit that bill).  JUCO/transfer route to build your program is a quick fix at best and results in absolutely ZERO cohesiveness long term.  Coaches who recruit JUCOs or transfers simply to fill roster spots are in deep doodoo from what I have seen.  Coaches who recruit a JUCO now and then to be a stud starter have a chance to survive in the business.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin