2022 Roster

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

With the most recent couple of guys entering the portal, I thought I'd put together the list of who it looks like we'll have next year. If I've gotten anything wrong, let me know.

Seniors
G Colton Sandage - started all 31 games this past season, averaged 31.5 minutes, 13.4 points, and 3.9 rebounds per game with 39 steals and 10 blocks
G Trenton Massner - started all 31 games, averaged 36.1 minutes, 16.8 points, 6.3 rebounds per game with 57 steals and 19 blocks
F Tamell Pearson - started 30 of 31 games, averaged 25.8 minutes, 10 points, 5.9 rebounds per game with 19 steals and 8 blocks
F Cameron Burrell - played in 26 games, averaged 12 minutes, 2.7 points, 3.4 rebounds per game with 6 steals and 12 blocks
G Quinlan Bennett - not listed as playing any games this last season

Sophomores
G Matthew Wade - played in 7 games, 18 minutes total last season
G KJ Lee - played in 26 games, averaged 9.1 minutes, 1.9 points, 0.9 rebounds per game, with 4 steals and 4 blocks
G Robert Jeter IV - played in 11 games, 31 total minutes, 2 points, 2 rebounds, 1 steal
G Braden Lamar - played in 14 games, 83 total minutes, 10 points, 7 rebounds, 4 steals, 1 block

Guys who are done playing at the college level: F Luka Barisic, F Will Carius, G George Dixon
Guys who have said they are entering the portal: F Adam Anhold, G Jadrian (JJ) Flores)

Plenty of offers out there, but nobody confirmed as coming in from elsewhere yet. Transfer offers will probably pick up once more teams are done playing for the season.
You can see who all we have offers out for here: https://verbalcommits.com/schools/western-illinois

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:20 am With the most recent couple of guys entering the portal, I thought I'd put together the list of who it looks like we'll have next year. If I've gotten anything wrong, let me know.

Seniors
G Colton Sandage - started all 31 games this past season, averaged 31.5 minutes, 13.4 points, and 3.9 rebounds per game with 39 steals and 10 blocks
G Trenton Massner - started all 31 games, averaged 36.1 minutes, 16.8 points, 6.3 rebounds per game with 57 steals and 19 blocks
F Tamell Pearson - started 30 of 31 games, averaged 25.8 minutes, 10 points, 5.9 rebounds per game with 19 steals and 8 blocks
F Cameron Burrell - played in 26 games, averaged 12 minutes, 2.7 points, 3.4 rebounds per game with 6 steals and 12 blocks

Sophomores
G KJ Lee - played in 26 games, averaged 9.1 minutes, 1.9 points, 0.9 rebounds per game, with 4 steals and 4 blocks
G Robert Jeter IV - played in 11 games, 31 total minutes, 2 points, 2 rebounds, 1 steal
G Braden Lamar - played in 14 games, 83 total minutes, 10 points, 7 rebounds, 4 steals, 1 block

Guys who are done playing at the college level: F Luka Barisic, F Will Carius, G George Dixon
Guys who have said they are entering the portal: F Adam Anhold, G Jadrian (JJ) Flores)

Plenty of offers out there, but nobody confirmed as coming in from elsewhere yet. Transfer offers will probably pick up once more teams are done playing for the season.
You can see who all we have offers out for here: https://verbalcommits.com/schools/western-illinois

Pearson was recognized on senior night so not sure he'll be back. 

sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:40 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:20 am With the most recent couple of guys entering the portal, I thought I'd put together the list of who it looks like we'll have next year. If I've gotten anything wrong, let me know.

Seniors

Sophomores

Pearson was recognized on senior night so not sure he'll be back. 

Lamar had what looked to be a very serious knee injury.  Dont remember seeing him on the bench or on crutches, so he is probably gone.

Embrace the pace of the race.
loyalfan

Like I said in a different thread...we are gonna be, or better be all over the transfer portal. the way I see it, at best, we are gonna have maybe 5 guys back who actually saw any meaningful time...I’m not so sure Burrell will be back... I hope he is because I like his energy but his minutes went way down this year..hopefully Coach Jeter can find some big time transfers who want to come to Macomb
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

loyalfan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:00 pm Like I said in a different thread...we are gonna be, or better be all over the transfer portal. the way I see it, at best, we are gonna have maybe 5 guys back who actually saw any meaningful time...I’m not so sure Burrell will be back... I hope he is because I like his energy but his minutes went way down this year..hopefully Coach Jeter can find some big time transfers who want to come to Macomb

accurate predication...looks like Burrell is out as well:

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Updated with new information:

Seniors

Sophomores

Guys who have said they are entering the portal: F Adam Anhold, G Jadrian (JJ) Flores, F Cameron Burrell
Unsure of Status:
  • Senior F Tamell Pearson - played 2 years at UAB, 2 years with us, but first was during COVID, so it didn't count against eligibility. Has 1 year of eligibility left, but was also honored on Senior night.
  • Sophomore G Braden Lamar - out for much of the season due to injury, not sure if will return
Looks like it's likely to be the Sandage and Massner show next year, pending incoming transfers.
sealhall74

If for sale signs show up on the coach's houses, we probably need to start worrying.   ;)

sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:24 am If for sale signs show up on the coach's houses, we probably need to start worrying.   ;)

Or maybe we should have started worrying if all they did was lease.  lol

loyalfan

Not really the right thread BUT now the AD is leaving???...What is going on at WIU?
leatherneckcountry

loyalfan wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:11 pm Not really the right thread BUT now the AD is leaving???...What is going on at WIU?

viewtopic.php?t=2525&start=10