Hunter Mason - 1999-2022

rocki

L'Étranger wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:23 am It is Hunter Mason. The kid has a really tough battle ahead of him. I'm sure he and his family would appreciate continued support/prayers/strength from the Leatherneck Community.

He's definitely got my prayers. Don't know the specifics (and don't need to), but it's for sure a heck of a difference going from battling for a space on a football team to battling for your health and entire future. Sending him and his family and friends all the best prayers and vibes in the world.
L'Étranger

rocki wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:37 pm
L'Étranger wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:23 am It is Hunter Mason. The kid has a really tough battle ahead of him. I'm sure he and his family would appreciate continued support/prayers/strength from the Leatherneck Community.

He's definitely got my prayers. Don't know the specifics (and don't need to), but it's for sure a heck of a difference going from battling for a space on a football team to battling for your health and entire future. Sending him and his family and friends all the best prayers and vibes in the world.

He's in Houston now, going through treatment. I saw he got a visit from Coach Eliot, among others, in the weeks since.

Teh kid's got a tough row to hoe, for certain.
rocki

L'Étranger wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:55 pm

He's in Houston now, going through treatment. I saw he got a visit from Coach Eliot, among others, in the weeks since.

So, I'm going to guess the mass was not benign if he's in Houston. Prayers for strength and comfort for him and his family and friends. God bless them all as they navigate these tough times.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:33 am

So, I'm going to guess the mass was not benign if he's in Houston. Prayers for strength and comfort for him and his family and friends. God bless them all as they navigate these tough times.

Here's more information about Hunter's situation: https://www.nevadadailymail.com/story/2950233.html

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
L'Étranger

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:25 am

Here's more information about Hunter's situation: https://www.nevadadailymail.com/story/2950233.html

Hunter's mom posted an update last night. Hunter is returning to MO for the time being as his body can't handle the treatment right now. Fingers crossed that his condition improves and he's able to return to Houston.

As I've said before, if you're a pray-er, now'd be a good time. And if not, send what ya got.

rocki

L'Étranger wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:22 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:25 am

Hunter's mom posted an update last night. Hunter is returning to MO for the time being as his body can't handle the treatment right now. Fingers crossed that his condition improves and he's able to return to Houston.

As I've said before, if you're a pray-er, now'd be a good time. And if not, send what ya got.

He's definitely got my prayers and any other good energy I can send his way.
L'Étranger

Hunter Mason passed away last night.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

L'Étranger wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:12 am Hunter Mason passed away last night.

Oh no. That's horrible.

Keep the Mason family in your thoughts. Losing a child is probably the hardest thing a parent can go through.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Mheller

L'Étranger wrote:Hunter Mason passed away last night.
I am so sorry to hear that. We got to know Hunter’s family last season. They are special people and Hunter was a tremendous young man. God rest his soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rocki

L'Étranger wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:12 am Hunter Mason passed away last night.

So sorry to hear this. Godspeed, Hunter. Deepest sympathies to his family and friends. Obviously not the way we all hoped this journey would end, but he battled like the Leatherneck he is.