Pack it PURPLE! Saturday Sept 17th

GV Dad

We are starting a grass roots campaign to get as many people as possible to the Home Opener against Southern Utah on Sept 17th.  The goal is 10,000 fans.  Last year's home opener had 5385, and there seems to be much more excitement for the program now. The top Home Opener in the last 10 seasons was N Arz in 2016; 6,732 fans.  If you are looking to attend a game or some games, and not yet sure which one(s), please consider this game.  If you are already going, try to double or triple your group! 

If you have any ideas to help hit this goal please share!  Keep in mind, this is "grass roots", the school is not involved.  At least not at this point.  
sealhall74

Bag the (Thunder)Birds Cornhole Tournament
On the green grass west of Hanson (tossing on grass much better than asphalt)
4 person teams to encourage group participation
Bracket format?  (flexible depending on how many sign up)
Prizes?  (a Yeti cooler would be nice)
If the University gets on board with it, could have the final(s) round at midfield at halftime?

Knock off the Gophers the week before would probably put an extra 500 butts in the stands.

Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:01 am Bag the (Thunder)Birds Cornhole Tournament
On the green grass west of Hanson (tossing on grass much better than asphalt)
4 person teams to encourage group participation
Bracket format?  (flexible depending on how many sign up)
Prizes?  (a Yeti cooler would be nice)
If the University gets on board with it, could have the final(s) round at midfield at halftime?

Knock off the Gophers the week before would probably put an extra 500 butts in the stands.

I love the finals on the field idea!
rocki

I see game time is yet to be announced - time of the game might make a difference as to what enticements might be made. I know you said the school isn't involved with this, but since most local high school games are played on Friday nights, could there be a fund set up to donate for general admission tickets for high school footballers?
sealhall74

You can get custom Yeti cornhole sets (link below).  Approach Yeti and say that is what we are using, they might throw in the prizes.
Worth a shot asking.

https://customcornhole.com/yeti-coolers-cornhole-wraps/

Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

rocki wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:02 pm I see game time is yet to be announced - time of the game might make a difference as to what enticements might be made. I know you said the school isn't involved with this, but since most local high school games are played on Friday nights, could there be a fund set up to donate for general admission tickets for high school footballers?

Agree on the gametime making a difference for sure.  Lack of Hotel rooms already hinders, but 2:00 kickoffs are helpful for fans in a 2-3 hr radius from Macomb.  We are looking a buying some group tickets and handing them out to people in Macomb on Friday.  Also, we donate 150 tickets every year to The Crossing for their Youth Group and BBBS of McDonough County to go to a game.  We'll prob do that again. 
rocki

This might not attract more people, but could be kept in mind for a future promo. Tansclub.com offers colored bandanas in bulk at discounted prices. It might be something to look into for a "purple" promo (like rally towels, but less expensive).