Fall Camp

Leathernecks1092

We are now a week in to Fall camp. Has anyone heard any details about how things are progressing? I know everything is an "open competition" but I'm curious how the QB competition is going to play out. Interested to hear what anyone is hearing!
letsgonecks

Just going to ask the same question, but you beat me to it.  I'm curious about everything as well and am just hoping for some pictures via twitter or the website. 

Somebody knows something.....spill the bean, I need my fix!!!!
meganeck

Did the Voice replace Scott Holland? That is another negative of being Macomb no real media to cover the team.
leatherneckcountry

meganeck wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:07 pm Did the Voice replace Scott Holland? That is another negative of being Macomb no real media to cover the team.

I don't think so i haven't really seen any sports articles since he left. 
Tere North

Leathernecks1092 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:06 am We are now a week in to Fall camp. Has anyone heard any details about how things are progressing? I know everything is an "open competition" but I'm curious how the QB competition is going to play out. Interested to hear what anyone is hearing!

Do you mean Summer Camp? It is August and 100° :D

Western_101

I remember a daily camp report on goleathernecks.com maybe six or seven years ago. 

I don't know, maybe keeping scouting tight is good for a brand new staff. 

No, that is crap, have our own guy film...to control the message (not WGEM) then one has the freedom to be a total flop and yet  get enough footage that is usable to then disseminate.

I don't know maybe even some optimism for folks to buy tickets.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Three weeks from opener, Leathernecks grinding through camp.
https://goleathernecks.com/news/2022/8/ ... -away.aspx

Western_101

I have warmed up to Coach Hen being the best Hire for the money to the "best hire" period.

I didn't feel this way six months ago and may not six months from now. However, if you browse the board (I recommend you don't) know that I was not a student athlete but took great pride in how very good Leatherneck Football was for many years. Some years best in the State.

God bless you and your team Coach Hen. I have a good feeling about this. My take, Being a Leatherneck in this League meant you had to be the toughest, and at one period was the top two in the league for many years. 

The pain of these practices has to be hell, however, will it pay off?   
Mheller

Western_101 wrote:I have warmed up to Coach Hen being the best Hire for the money to the "best hire" period.

I didn't feel this way six months ago and may not six months from now. However, if you browse the board (I recommend you don't) know that I was not a student athlete but took great pride in how very good Leatherneck Football was for many years. Some years best in the State.

God bless you and your team Coach Hen. I have a good feeling about this. My take, Being a Leatherneck in this League meant you had to be the toughest, and at one period was the top two in the league for many years. 

The pain of these practices has to be hell, however, will it pay off?   
For what it’s worth, my son loves Coach Hen. He has played for a couple college coaches in his career (including the previous staff at Western) and no one comes close to the respect he has for Coach Hendrickson. From what I’ve observed he is a true leader of men who earns his players respect as opposed to demanding it.

I know at the end of the day what matters is wins and losses. From what me son tells me, there is plenty of talent on this team (as there was last year). What I think will help us to win more games this season is the leadership of Coach Hendrickson. There is a lot for Leatherneck fans to get excited about in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk