9/1/22 - at UT-Martin

sealhall74

Leatherneck57 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:59 am
Western_101 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:42 am I like that UT-Martin is using WESTERN's preferred logo. The WESTERN "W"with serifs font is in line with G-5 MAC branding and P-5 B1G branding.

I obviously prefer the bulldog helmet. However the Understated bold "W" in most applications projects power in simplicity. We don't have to have a ridiculous fighting animal to convey a sense of toughness. Most of that style has waned anyway, at least in official school branding. 

Yup we are all fighting to be a brand. I think Western will have a Renaissance, be it holding at 8,000 or 10,000.  At least WIU dosen't "cook the books" with enrollment. Eastern Illinois University Includes in their university total enrollment over 2,000 children or young adults that are high school students.  :D :lol:

The Necks are going with only the white helmets with the logo on one side and the number on the other side this year due to budget constraints. 

Would not bother me if we are so scrappy (read carefully, I said scrappy, not crappy) this year that those logos and numbers start peeling off just a bit about midway through 3rd quarter of every game.    ;)

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Commitment to re-building WIU football program from within gives ‘Necks solid foundation.
From Muddy River Sports:
https://muddyriversports.com/college/co ... 829203742/

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Unknowns abound as Western Illinois opens season on the road (Prairie State Pigskin):
https://prairiestatepigskin.com/2022/08 ... -the-road/
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

I know we should not get political here, but I find it interesting that when I ask Google who the most notable alumnus is for each institution, it comes back with Mary Matalin for WIU and Van Jones for UT Martin.  I had a class with Mary way back in the day.

We need a moderator for a Zoom session with them to see where they stand on the game.   :lol:

Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:50 pm I know we should not get political here, but I find it interesting that when I ask Google who the most notable alumnus is for each institution, it comes back with Mary Matalin for WIU and Van Jones for UT Martin.  I had a class with Mary way back in the day.

We need a moderator for a Zoom session with them to see where they stand on the game.   :lol:

My wife and I don't agree on everything but how does a Mary Matalin/James Carville marriage function? 

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Western_101 wrote:
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:50 pm I know we should not get political here, but I find it interesting that when I ask Google who the most notable alumnus is for each institution, it comes back with Mary Matalin for WIU and Van Jones for UT Martin.  I had a class with Mary way back in the day.

My wife and I don't agree on everything but how does a Mary Matalin/James Carville marriage function? 

Maybe they just don't talk politics at home or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

Ogala is not the fastest dude, but his mobility is a major upgrade over the 3 years.  Nothing against Sampson, but he couldn't have made that scramble or hit that rollout.

Keep trying to run and then playaction rollouts.
rocki

May I just say that it is nice to see a QB who can at least run the ball when necessary? He's no speed demon, but just the fact that he is mobile is a huge plus to me.
letsgonecks

Bullshit grounding call.  We had a receiver closer to the throw then both of theirs that weren't called.
WIU2DC

letsgonecks wrote:Bullshit grounding call.  We had a receiver closer to the throw then both of theirs that weren't called.
100%. They missed the one against UTM where the closet “WR” by 5 yards was a OL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk