11/5/22 - vs North Dakota State

sealhall74

Not a good 4th and 1 call on your own side of field.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

I hope they recruit a QB or someone on our roster was hurt and suppose to be our starter. If Bruno is our guy next year too… it’s gonna be long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wiu712

North Dakota State won the game 56-17

North Dakota State only passed the ball 5 times for 27 yards.  They had 453 yards Rushing.

Western had 188 yards Passing and 133 yards Rushing.

Clay Bruno was 21 of 36 with 4 interceptions.

Bison dominate with bruising ground game, cruise past Western Illinois.
From the Fargo Inforum:
https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-me ... n-illinois

sealhall74

Senior Day next week.  If healthy, I think you have to go with Henry.  The old guys always want to go out on winning note.  
wiu712

Attendance at Hanson Field = 2,534
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:39 pm Senior Day next week.  If healthy, I think you have to go with Henry.  The old guys always want to go out on winning note.  

I don't think either guy has what it takes to be a D1 qb and especially in the hardest conference.  I like Bruno and he can make some plays, but his lack of arm strength has cost us a ton on points.  We probably don't put to many wins up with a stronger arm as there are just too many holes, but his lacking in that area is not ideal.

Does anyone know why Jarrett left and went to West Florida?  Like the above statement, I don't know how many wins it would have led to, but would have made this offense way more explosive.  Big arm for deep plays and able to make plays on his feet.  He went to a top D2 program and obviously the competition is a bit less than MVFC, but believe we'd be in a much better place.

Maybe Muetterties comes back after appearing in only 4 games with Western Michigan and no longer with the team.  Maybe Brantley gets a waiver for his Freshman year after only playing 5 games due to injury and he gets an extra year.  Peewee gets his blind side tackle that left when he was here this summer and one of the best overall WR we've ever had back and uses his 1 time transfer to come back.  Don't actually know what his situation was when leaving and if that effects the transfer rule or if he'd even want to be here again, but just Sunday dreaming.  Then again, he might try his hand in the FBS.  His predecessor at West Florida, Austin Reed (redshirt at SIU) is now doing well at Western Kentucky and his WKU predecessor is starting for the Patriots.....

Anyways, would love some upgrades on the DL while I'm dreaming.  Maybe move to a 4-3 with some run stuffers inside and playmakers off the edge.

Can the Packers please not lose to the Lions today, I need a football win.
sealhall74

letsgonecks wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:18 am
sealhall74 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:39 pm Senior Day next week.  If healthy, I think you have to go with Henry.  The old guys always want to go out on winning note.  

I don't think either guy has what it takes to be a D1 qb and especially in the hardest conference.  I like Bruno and he can make some plays, but his lack of arm strength has cost us a ton on points.  We probably don't put to many wins up with a stronger arm as there are just too many holes, but his lacking in that area is not ideal.

Does anyone know why Jarrett left and went to West Florida?  Like the above statement, I don't know how many wins it would have led to, but would have made this offense way more explosive.  Big arm for deep plays and able to make plays on his feet.  He went to a top D2 program and obviously the competition is a bit less than MVFC, but believe we'd be in a much better place.

Maybe Muetterties comes back after appearing in only 4 games with Western Michigan and no longer with the team.  Maybe Brantley gets a waiver for his Freshman year after only playing 5 games due to injury and he gets an extra year.  Peewee gets his blind side tackle that left when he was here this summer and one of the best overall WR we've ever had back and uses his 1 time transfer to come back.  Don't actually know what his situation was when leaving and if that effects the transfer rule or if he'd even want to be here again, but just Sunday dreaming.  Then again, he might try his hand in the FBS.  His predecessor at West Florida, Austin Reed (redshirt at SIU) is now doing well at Western Kentucky and his WKU predecessor is starting for the Patriots.....

Anyways, would love some upgrades on the DL while I'm dreaming.  Maybe move to a 4-3 with some run stuffers inside and playmakers off the edge.

Can the Packers please not lose to the Lions today, I need a football win.

IMHO, the "we might not be good enough to compete where we are" is a problem with all sports right now.  The 64K question is how do you convince the more able and athletic kids to come and play for you when you just went through a very tough conference season with zero or few wins.  Not easily for sure. Put more dollars into your strength and conditioning program?  Certainly could not hurt.  We are in a tough position right now.  OVC move should still be on the table if I am AD.

The next two games should be winnable if we play up to our potential, assuming the Birds are out of the playoff scenario when we meet them.

4EverPurple&Gold

I am sorry but this is embarrassing now. I'm starting to think Hendrickson wasn't the right hire. 

Don't see a win this year. 

MB1965

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:59 am I am sorry but this is embarrassing now. I'm starting to think Hendrickson wasn't the right hire. 

Don't see a win this year. 

Sadly I agree with you. And now there are rumblings out there of trouble on the staff. Its going to be an interesting next couple months.

rocki

Sadly I agree with you. And now there are rumblings out there of trouble on the staff. Its going to be an interesting next couple months.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, you don't just leave people hanging like this. If you know something, spill.