Interesting Off Season

WIU2DC

Not shocking tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

QB Nick Davenport

I wish him the best, but it was pretty obvious that QB was not a strong spot for us and he wasn't going to be getting much playing time next year.

Other QBs currently on the roster are:
Senior Drake Day (is he done? I know he didn't play, but didn't know if he was out of eligibility yet or not)
Junior Clay Bruno - probably the closest thing to a "starter" currently...would probably be better as a RB/occasional Wildcat QB
Junior Jack Perry - was at a CC in CA in 2019, Cincinnati in 2020 but didn't play any, I don't think he's seen the field for us either
Sophomore Dylan Tabone
Freshman Carson Clark
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:26 am QB Nick Davenport

I wish him the best, but it was pretty obvious that QB was not a strong spot for us and he wasn't going to be getting much playing time next year.

Senior Drake Day (is he done? I know he didn't play, but didn't know if he was out of eligibility yet or not)
Junior Clay Bruno - probably the closest thing to a "starter" currently...would probably be better as a RB/occasional Wildcat QB
Junior Jack Perry - was at a CC in CA in 2019, Cincinnati in 2020 but didn't play any, I don't think he's seen the field for us either
Sophomore Dylan Tabone
Freshman Carson Clark

Between all this, the fact that we offered Carson Camp probably made the decision for Nick easier. I wish him all the luck in the world!

With the players having their individual meetings with Coach Hen to discuss staying/going this week and next, we could see daily updates based on those conversations.
rocki

Guest wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:19 am With the players having their individual meetings with Coach Hen to discuss staying/going this week and next, we could see daily updates based on those conversations.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out. From what you said, it sounds like it might not just be the player who sees more potential elsewhere - maybe Coach sees who will "buy into" the program, and who isn't really excited about it.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:26 am QB Nick Davenport

Sophomore Dylan Tabone
Freshman Carson Clark

Agree Scott probably not surprising he is looking elsewhere, didn't look like he was the answer. Have to assume Bruno will be the starter next year unless they get a transfer or Day or Perry pop up and impress the staff.
L'Étranger

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

This one is going to hurt:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

Never really saw the field, other than Special teams.  Hope he finds a place that fits his needs. 

GV Dad

Up to seven...