Rob Jeter's Future at WIU

4EverPurple&Gold

With Jeter's success at WIU, I am sure he is on the radar of some programs that have openings... I hope he is committed to stay at Western. 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:38 am With Jeter's success at WIU, I am sure he is on the radar of some programs that have openings... I hope he is committed to stay at Western.

I hope we can afford to keep him. If next season improves upon this season, we're going to have a hard time out-bidding pretty much anyone who might come calling.
Also, his son JT is a Junior this year, which means he'll be done with HS just a couple of months after the next basketball season wraps up. While JT has already received an offer to play football for us, he's also getting some interest from schools a step above us: https://www.on3.com/teams/iowa-hawkeyes ... n-at-iowa/

Essentially, once next season is over, there's not much specifically tying him to Macomb/Western other than how he personally feels about the area. Maybe we get lucky and he loves it here enough to stay for a while.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ESPN is reporting Jeter is moving on to Southern Utah U as their next HC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4EverPurple&Gold

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

If true, this might help stem a little of the usual "transfer craziness" that happens when a coach leaves...

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
4EverPurple&Gold

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:10 pm If true, this might help stem a little of the usual "transfer craziness" that happens when a coach leaves...

They need to keep Coach B. I am afraid a total restart would be rough. 

This program has some momentum. Can't stop it now

loyalfan

I hope they keep Boudy and hopefully just maybe it would help us reunite with Ramean Hinton who was putting up some big time double doubles at the end of the year, at Highland this past yr…hopefully there is still a relationship there since he was playing at Highland 🤷‍♂️
4EverPurple&Gold

I wonder maybe if there was a disagreement with Bubb maybe is that why Jeter left. I feel like going to Southern Utah isn't a step up
4EverPurple&Gold

Neckfansince71

How about Zach minding his own business or calling Bubb at the athletic department AD's office for clarification.  Look, we have a ways to go but we are beginning to actually see what camaraderie and success are all about. We need a coach that wants to lead us to a constant level. The crowds we had were not only good for basketball but also for athletics as a whole.  Just so happens that this past years Leatherneck Club donations were in access of $420,000 and athletics is looking for more to come.  I also did a quick count of LC members and came up with a number of 525 and WIU Athletics is just getting started.   Once again Zach, just get on the phone and dial 1-800-CallBubb!  ;)

jc