Candidates for New HC

meganeck

Necks90 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:19 pm Boudreau will not be going to Southern Utah with Jeter. He wants to be a head coach and he wants this job. He has bought property in McDonough County, he's from nearby in Iowa, his parents attend games regularly, along with old friends. If for some reason he does not get this job, he has a Power 5 assistant coaching job offer available. Chad is our guy. He's recruited virtually all our guys and has commitments for next year that haven't been announced yet. I love Alexander, but my money is on Boudreau and he'll be a great fit for us!!

Interesting, It sounds like feeling are mutal on both sides about Boudreau, he really wants the job and Bubb wants him. I'm willing to give him a shot and see what he can do. I'm just curious if the job has to be posted or if they do meet on Monday and something can be worked out, if they can make an announcement this week.

LeatherCy

Was told this afternoon that Chad is meeting with Paul Monday. Lots of Macomb locals have been letting Paul know they support Chad. I would be fine with Chad. I didn't know he spent several years at Indian Hills.  In defense of Matt Woodley somewha ,t he was on Kevin Stallings staff for a couple years at Pitt. Stallings brought on that s--t show. I know DeVries hated to lose him at Drake. Matt was DeVries first hire and they put together a good Drake team in their first year and DeVries has continued to build Drake. DeVries is a rising star in the coaching ranks and his son is Drake's best player. 

Sounds like we may know on our new coach soon. 

4EverPurple&Gold

It sounds like it is Chad's job if he wants it - so fingers crossed.

Kind of interested to see who he keeps on staff.. I really don't know much about Kyle Heikkinen. Other than his name is a beer a I like to have from time to time. Not sure his full role on staff because it sounds like that Chad is the recruiter and Jeter was the Xs and Os. Also not sure about Allan Hanson, only been here one year with the program. 

I think most people in the community want Chad because his connection and his passion for the area. I feel like he would build a staff that is similar. 

sealhall74

I dont know who does the actual recruiting but it seems we might lead the nation in current offers (33), even several to players way down the road in 2025.  This according to Verbal Commits (https://verbalcommits.com/schools/western-illinois) so I dont know how reliable.  That seems a bit unusual if true.  I mean how much of a relationship can you build with a kid when there are 32 others like him in the field and you probably only have room on your roster for 2 or 3 a year. Have all of those kids been given an actual look/see in person?  How many of the 33 will end up signing?  Maybe its all a diversion and we have a secret pool of candidate recruits to fall back on based on past coaching relationships?  Just scratching my head while watching the Masters.

Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks90

Bubb wants this process completed in a week.  He will move quickly.  There’s quite a bit of interest, but I still believe Chad’s our guy.  More to come on assistant coaches.  Boudreau has a lot of contacts.  He may keep some.
leatherneckcountry

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:34 pm It sounds like it is Chad's job if he wants it - so fingers crossed.

Kind of interested to see who he keeps on staff.. I really don't know much about Kyle Heikkinen. Other than his name is a beer a I like to have from time to time. Not sure his full role on staff because it sounds like that Chad is the recruiter and Jeter was the Xs and Os. Also not sure about Allan Hanson, only been here one year with the program. 

I think most people in the community want Chad because his connection and his passion for the area. I feel like he would build a staff that is similar. 

Kyle came with Chad from Highland my guess would be he stays on.
Neckfansince71

As always, I am just curious about where people are getting their "information" and whether there is truth in it or not.  What I know for sure is that Paul Bubb keeps his "cards" close, especially in this situation.  Toooo much at stake to "blab!"  Just my gut. Sure is alot of fun though.  And thanks Coach Jeter once again for putting our program on the map.;)
 jc
leatherneckcountry

Official Chad Boudreau is the leathernecks 45 head mens basketball coach.