Candidates for New HC

LeatherCy

Matt Woodley, Iowa native, former HC at Truman and Asst at Drake is very interested in the job. He has been at Wake Forest the past few years as an Asst. He is in the running for the Montana State job also 

I believe he got an interview when Coach Jeter was hired. 
leatherneckcountry

LeatherCy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:47 am Matt Woodley, Iowa native, former HC at Truman and Asst at Drake is very interested in the job. He has been at Wake Forest the past few years as an Asst. He is in the running for the Montana State job also 

I believe he got an interview when Coach Jeter was hired. 

I’d rather have Chad from the things I’ve heard about Woodley
HoosierNeck13

Chad would be fine with me; if we want to take a big swing, Geoff Alexander.
leatherneckcountry

So far I’ve been impressed with Paul but an AD is judged by there hires and this will be his 1st big hire so I’m sure he is going to go through a process 
LeatherCy

Had conflicting reports Chad is going with Rob. 30 minutes later in told he wants the WIU job. Who knows.

What negative things have you heard on Woodley?  Decried brought him in a an Asst when Devries got the Drake job. I don't know Matt very well but know his dad and brother very well. Brother Joe is the Head FB coach at Grand View
leatherneckcountry

LeatherCy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:56 pm Had conflicting reports Chad is going with Rob. 30 minutes later in told he wants the WIU job. Who knows.

What negative things have you heard on Woodley?  Decried brought him in a an Asst when Devries got the Drake job. I don't know Matt very well but know his dad and brother very well. Brother Joe is the Head FB coach at Grand View

I know that he was heavily involved in the crap show that happened at Pitt and have also heard most of the head coaches he has worked for were happy that he chose to leave. As far as Chad goes my guess would be that he wants the job but if he doesn’t get it then he goes out there. I also heard the name armon gates name being thrown out there but then I heard today that he’s headed to Oklahoma 
4EverPurple&Gold

From my source, I have heard that Boudreau and Bubb are meeting on Monday to talk about the job. Also Bubb's first choice is Boubdreau. 
meganeck

I've liked the names I heard thrown out earlier - Chad, former player Alexander and Saul Phillips.

The thing with Chad is, his wife is the volleyball coach in Wisconsin, is she willing to give that up to go to Utah. At least I assume she would give it up if Chad follows Jeter to Utah.
Necks90

Boudreau will not be going to Southern Utah with Jeter. He wants to be a head coach and he wants this job. He has bought property in McDonough County, he's from nearby in Iowa, his parents attend games regularly, along with old friends. If for some reason he does not get this job, he has a Power 5 assistant coaching job offer available. Chad is our guy. He's recruited virtually all our guys and has commitments for next year that haven't been announced yet. I love Alexander, but my money is on Boudreau and he'll be a great fit for us!!
leatherneckcountry

I love coach Jeter he brought a team that was the laughing stock of the league and made us middle of the conference. However he’s never been a HC without Chad by his side so we may see how much of that was Jeter and how much was Chad. I hope whoever gets the job can develop a bench we’ve had a very small bench and are starters seem to be gassed by the end of the season.