Candidates for New HC

sealhall74

meganeck wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:32 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:32 pm
vatusay wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:25 pm Who is the transfer? 

Joe Petrakis he didn’t put up super impressive numbers for ISU last year but had some solid numbers at western Carolina a couple years ago 

6'10" Grad transfer, previously played for Kansas St and Western Carolina - had 8pts and 6rbs when ISU played WIU this season.

From watching some video, he reminds me of Luka Barisic with maybe a tad more mobility.  Can shoot the 3. Gets up and down the court pretty well.  

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Chad Boudreau Named Western Illinois Men's Basketball Coach. 
https://goleathernecks.com/news/2023/4/ ... coach.aspx

loyalfan

Talking about Petrakis..his Twitter video gives you some good insight to what he could do for us..good get imo.
leatherneckcountry

loyalfan wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:08 pm Talking about Petrakis..his Twitter video gives you some good insight to what he could do for us..good get imo.

I found it interesting that Chad said that Sandage was the one who brought him on campus that just shows that a kid transferred out and yet still thinks a lot about the staff. He was talking about relationships and his relationship show that a lot of our guys were because of him.
HoosierNeck13

Loved the passion from Chad..he oozes enthusiasm.

He seems well connected and I liked that he wants to lock down the area and bring in players who want to be here.

Wishing him and the staff the best!
loyalfan

I caught that too about Sandage bringing him over here to visit…pretty cool…and does say alot About the staff and the relationships.. I just love the small town attitude and, ya know, just being from the area…I think that is huge.. I mean open practices?.. I know when I’m back home I will be going to watch a few.

leatherneckcountry

HoosierNeck13 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:48 pm Loved the passion from Chad..he oozes enthusiasm.

He seems well connected and I liked that he wants to lock down the area and bring in players who want to be here.

I’ve heard he was pissed that they lost out on the Quincy kid especially with his relationship down there 

loyalfan

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:55 pm
HoosierNeck13 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:48 pm Loved the passion from Chad..he oozes enthusiasm.

I’ve heard he was pissed that they lost out on the Quincy kid especially with his relationship down there 

I bet he was.. I would be!!!  Can’t imagine how many trips he made down there..and that kid did it twice to us.
wiu712

At Home at the Helm: WIU Mens Basketball Finds Its Next Leader Within Ranks.
From KHQA-TV Sports:
https://khqa.com/sports/content/at-home ... thin-ranks#

Necks90

We passed on Talton this time around. We did go hard after Danny Stephens and they were very disappointed he took a PWO with Mizzou, but that was all based on his girlfriend getting a full ride and going there. They still hope he may come back to WIU at some point. Boudreau is excited to fill out the roster. We'll likely see a couple of additional current guys on the roster leave to open more spots.