Last year in MVFC

leatherneckcountry

Ok I was just guessing since it’s over 8 hours but thanks for the update 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:32 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:54 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:21 pm Do you think all OVC conference game travel will now be by bus?  MVFC and Summit, we always had quite a few plane rides (youngstown, denver, tulsa, fargo, ...)

Maybe with the savings, we can actually buy a bus although it probably takes a couple or three for big time programs.

Tennessee tech I would guess is a plane and if they they with the big south I’m guessing some of those will be plane rides.

I read an article on the move and it said all the trips will be bus rides

I wonder if that means they'll head down a day early for those. Probably don't want to do a bit over 8 hours on the road on a bus the day before the game. Assuming a Saturday game, drive down Thursday, rest and work out on Friday, play the game on Saturday, then drive back on Sunday. Shorter drives could be done on Friday morning and early afternoon for a late afternoon workout probably, then probably drive back after the game on Saturday.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:54 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:54 pm

Tennessee tech I would guess is a plane and if they they with the big south I’m guessing some of those will be plane rides.

I wonder if that means they'll head down a day early for those. Probably don't want to do a bit over 8 hours on the road on a bus the day before the game. Assuming a Saturday game, drive down Thursday, rest and work out on Friday, play the game on Saturday, then drive back on Sunday. Shorter drives could be done on Friday morning and early afternoon for a late afternoon workout probably, then probably drive back after the game on Saturday.

I highly doubt we would come back on Sunday. I imagine we would drive back right after the game. That gets the kids back by at least super early am on Sunday.
leatherneckcountry

Tere wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:55 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:54 pm

I highly doubt we would come back on Sunday. I imagine we would drive back right after the game. That gets the kids back by at least super early am on Sunday.

I guess as long as the game ain’t at 6 because then you’re probably looking at getting back at 8am on Sunday 
leatherneckcountry

Wow I just realized Eddie George is the HC at Tennessee State 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:Wow I just realized Eddie George is the HC at Tennessee State 
Yup, and on September 2nd this fall, they’ll become Notre Dame’s first ever I-AA/FCS opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000