Amtrak

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
WIU0812

So I heard that there are for sure going to be cuts to the number of trains on the Chicago to Carbondale line and I would assume that would mean cuts to the Chicago Quincy line as well since we carry less passengers than the Carbondale train. I wonder how negatively this will effect the school having only 1 train a day instead of the normal 2 trains. This whole state situation almost makes you sick to think about and it is pretty scary that we are a long way from being in the right direction. Will be interesting to see what Illinois will be like in 10 years, are we headed to a complete shutdown of the Macomb line in the next decade... I do not know that the school can survive that. No train, no air travel, no interstate may equal no students. Found a report on this from a few days ago as well and posted it below.

http://www.wgem.com/story/28636598/2015 ... -hurt-city
sealhall74

I have taken trains from New York to Washington when I had to stand all the way to Baltimore where enough people finally got off so I got a seat. One train with more cars might still work to get kids to an fro during breaks. Other weekends, more kids stick around and enjoy college life, take in some football, etc. What is not to like about that?
Embrace the pace of the race.