Future Football Schedules

GV Dad

I am glad the schedule didn’t change from what you had Scott! A lot of us already have travel plans 😂
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:I am glad the schedule didn’t change from what you had Scott! A lot of us already have travel plans Image
Yep! I’ll be at the Ball State game and then a flight to Madison for their game Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74

Yipeee!!! No after dusk football. I can get back home at a reasonable hour.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

The earlier start time of 12 Noon (as opposed to 1:00 PM in past years) will cause a tight-squeeze for those fans who take Amtrak to the game.

The morning train gets into Macomb at 11:00 AM.

This second daily train will return to service on July 19. It arrives in Macomb at 11:00 AM and departs at 6:15 PM. So a 1:00 PM start time was a good fit for that 7-hour window.
wiu712

Oh Oh ! This is not good news:

McDonough County and its surrounding region has been placed in COVID-19 warning status because of rising cases.

The McDonough County Health Department reported 21 new positive cases this week and 27 last week.

Illinois Department of Public Health statistics beginning July 5 show a regional daily positivity rate ranging from 13% to 17% . The state considers 8% and below to be a safe standard. The department stated, "A county enters a warning level when two or more risk indicators increase."

The IDPH reported Thursday that 21,473 doses of coronavirus vaccine have been administered in McDonough County. There are 11,161 county residents fully vaccinated, 37.26% of the population.

Shots have been given to 8,175 people ages 65 and older, and to 12,696 people ages 16 to 64. McDonough County ranks in the mid-range for Illinois counties in terms of residents fully vaccinated.

There have been 12.7 million doses of vaccine administered statewide. IDPH lists 49% of Illinois residents as fully vaccinated.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:31 pm Oh Oh ! This is not good news:

McDonough County and its surrounding region has been placed in COVID-19 warning status because of rising cases.

The McDonough County Health Department reported 21 new positive cases this week and 27 last week.

Illinois Department of Public Health statistics beginning July 5 show a regional daily positivity rate ranging from 13% to 17% . The state considers 8% and below to be a safe standard. The department stated, "A county enters a warning level when two or more risk indicators increase."

The IDPH reported Thursday that 21,473 doses of coronavirus vaccine have been administered in McDonough County. There are 11,161 county residents fully vaccinated, 37.26% of the population.

Shots have been given to 8,175 people ages 65 and older, and to 12,696 people ages 16 to 64. McDonough County ranks in the mid-range for Illinois counties in terms of residents fully vaccinated.

There have been 12.7 million doses of vaccine administered statewide. IDPH lists 49% of Illinois residents as fully vaccinated.
We have got to get more people vaccinated if we want fall to be something close to "normal". This "under 40%" isn't going to cut it with the Delta variant going around. I'm honestly surprised the university hasn't followed suit with U of I and NIU after they announced they were adding it to the list of required vaccines for students. The county has thankfully not had many deaths from it lately (I think the last one was about a month ago), but cases are trending up, so it's likely that deaths will fairly soon as well.

I generally use this site to keep an eye on how things are progressing: https://covidactnow.org/us/illinois-il/ ... ?s=2025944
I'm hopeful that even if things have to be limited again somewhat, they'll have football games be something like "50% capacity and masks required". Our attendance lately should easily fall within that range.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

People get the G** D*** vaccine already. IT IS FREE! it may save your life or that of one you love. On top of that if we as society don't we will slip back to everything being shut down. Why is this so hard for some people to comprehend?

Why has this been politicized?
leatherneckcountry

Start time for the Montana game.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Our game at Eastern Washington that was supposed to be played last fall has been rescheduled to the 2025 season. We get to head out to play on "The Inferno" on September 20, 2025. This is the other half of the H&H agreement that includes this year's matchup with EWU here in Macomb on September 18.

No word yet on the rescheduled home game against North Alabama from last fall. I'd imagine Oklahoma State is just going to pay us the buyout or maybe reschedule our game at their place for quite a ways down the road. P5 teams often seem to set OOC schedules WAY in advance...especially lately. Looks like 2027 is the next year that we don't have a FBS game scheduled and OK State has an open date the same weekend we do (and don't have a FCS game scheduled yet).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000