Future Football Schedules

WIU2DC

Man next season schedule is gonna be tough. MAC Champion, Eastern Washington (playoff team), and Montana which would have likely been a playoff team too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

Ya, whoever made our schedules the last few years did us zero favors. With our Conf schedule, we should have one FBS payday game, and then 2 likely win FCS teams.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:Ya, whoever made our schedules the last few years did us zero favors. With our Conf schedule, we should have one FBS payday game, and then 2 likely win FCS teams.
Yeah, however I do enjoy playing the best teams there are as long as we are competitive. Our SOS must be top 10 next year at least.

GV Dad

When you play 5 or 6 top 15 ranked teams in your conference schedule why play a top 10 FCS team in your Non Conf?
WIU2DC

Has WIU released the official schedule for this fall yet?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote:Has WIU released the official schedule for this fall yet?

Not officially, no. I was just checking schedules today. WIU and UNI are the only MVFC teams that haven’t officially released their schedules yet, although its pretty easy to extrapolate from everyone else’s schedules. I have that posted in the first post of this thread.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote:Has WIU released the official schedule for this fall yet?

Not officially, no. I was just checking schedules today. WIU and UNI are the only MVFC teams that haven’t officially released their schedules yet, although its pretty easy to extrapolate from everyone else’s schedules. I have that posted in the first post of this thread.

Just hoping we replace one of our OOC with a patriot league team or something to get a W. There is a decent chance we got 0-3 in OOC this fall.

leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Official fall 2021 schedule released: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2021/5/ ... ition.aspx

Still don't know why we always wait so long to release ours. Is there a benefit to being the last one to release their schedule?
Our schedule hasn't changed since I posted about it 3 months ago: viewtopic.php?p=32169#p32169
The only thing I can think of is that maybe they were trying to figure out how to switch out a game for another home game, maybe against a Pioneer League team or something (looks like Drake and Butler both released their schedules yesterday). The thing is, all our OOC games (other than the FBS game against Ball State) are scheduled H&H games. Not saying those couldn't be adjusted, but it'd probably take quite a bit of negotiation to do it.

And for reference, barring any unexpected changes, we do already know our 2022 schedule as well: viewtopic.php?p=32793#p32793
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

Our Sports Marketing it’s horrible. Website is rarely up to date. Schedules released last minute. It’s so frustrating.