Future Football Schedules

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Leathernecks1092

Will the 17 FCS schools that are playing games in the fall also play a spring schedule?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Leathernecks1092 wrote:Will the 17 FCS schools that are playing games in the fall also play a spring schedule?
They will (MSU and NDSU have games scheduled this fall). Think of this fall as an optional non-conference portion of the season, then spring is everyone in conference games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WIU2DC

I know the schedule was literally released today, but has the MVFC or WIU made a decision about fans at games? (Obviously this could all change but curious if the game plan is for fans in the spring)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:40 pm I know the schedule was literally released today, but has the MVFC or WIU made a decision about fans at games? (Obviously this could all change but curious if the game plan is for fans in the spring)

Based on what athletics is saying about season ticket holders (one option is to transfer fall season tickets to spring), I think they are planning on having fans at this point. Might be limiting the number of fans, although if attendance is anywhere close to what it's been the last couple of years, that probably won't be a huge problem.

Obviously this will greatly depend on how things progress with COVID through the winter. If it's still just as bad or worse by January or February, they may go without fans (or with just the player's families allowed).
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:22 pm
Leathernecks1092 wrote:Will the 17 FCS schools that are playing games in the fall also play a spring schedule?
They will (MSU and NDSU have games scheduled this fall). Think of this fall as an optional non-conference portion of the season, then spring is everyone in conference games.

Do we know if the teams who are playing spring games resumes will be factored in the playoffs. Interesting that the 1st game is on a friday night. Would have loved for one of those 1st two games at home with like a 1 start then a double header for basketball that night.
wiu712

Predicting Leathernecks spring football season.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/47633/sports ... ll-season/
xman

Anyone think some of the larger networks will televise more of the games? Would be nice if they would, but probably not likely.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

xman wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:36 am Anyone think some of the larger networks will televise more of the games? Would be nice if they would, but probably not likely.
Might get a NDSU game on ESPN2 or something, but other than that, probably not.
WIU2DC

I’m hoping ESPN3 at least