Khalen Saunders

Leathernecks playing at the next level.
rocki

Neckfansince71 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:26 am Don't it make you feel proud to be a Leatherneck! ;) jc
Damn straight!
letsgonecks

This is so great for Khalen, but huge for WIU as well. Him getting the extra attention, presenting himself very well, proving himself at practice, and then speaking highly of WIU is priceless.

Current recruits, future recruits, and potential transfers are seeing this and could help bring in more talent.

Congrats to him and WIU for seeing his potential!!!!!
wiu712

vatusay

This is huge for the football program. You can’t buy this kind of publicity. And like stated before, Khalen is doing a phenomenal job representing WIU. If you are reading this Mr. Saunders, thank you, I hope you get every opportunity imaginable at the next level and take advantage of them.

Slightly off topic and not meant to derail, wonder what Rodney Harrison thought of a guy from WIU going viral? I wish that guy would come back every now and again.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Another take on things...

Summary: He's talking about a really good O-lineman from Boston College, saying he had a great week, except...
One player gave him problems all week: Western Illinois DT Khalen Saunders who is very difficult to find an NFL comparison for at just over 6-0, 320 pounds with outstanding get off, good hand work, and the athleticism to use a quick spin move as a counter. He's really good.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

For any wrestling fans out there, this is pretty awesome. We've seen Khalen holding the Turnover Belt!!!!!

https://stillrealtous.com/wwe-and-aew-s ... ame-event/
sealhall74

letsgonecks wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:40 am For any wrestling fans out there, this is pretty awesome. We've seen Khalen holding the Turnover Belt!!!!!

https://stillrealtous.com/wwe-and-aew-s ... ame-event/
I dont think there is enough room in the ring for the runup, cartwheel, and backflip. Does he have a standing backflip in his repertoire.
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

It’s all about leverage and quickness up front.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Tere North

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:18 pm Does he have a standing backflip in his repertoire.
Indeed he does!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ha...I pulled the Senior Bowl stream up on my computer to see how things are going and the first thing I see (it's halftime) is a slow motion shot of someone slapping a Raiders sticker onto a WIU helmet. I'm guessing Gruden is a fan of what he's seeing out of Saunders.

Here we go...

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000