Player Transfers

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
meganeck

What is the deal with UMKC, i saw the players transferring list and there are like 8 players from UMKC transferring.
wiu712

meganeck wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:41 amWhat is the deal with UMKC ?? I saw the players transferring list, and there are like 8 players from UMKC transferring.
UMKC fired the coach on Sunday:
https://info.umkc.edu/unews/umkc-fires- ... all-coach/
meganeck

wiu712 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:55 am
meganeck wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:41 amWhat is the deal with UMKC ?? I saw the players transferring list, and there are like 8 players from UMKC transferring.
thanks - Still weird that all those guys are looking to leave, you think they would wait and see who was hired unless they are all pissed their coach got fired.
meganeck

David Jenkins, from South Dakota St, is transferring. Has a lot of high major programs reaching out to him.
letsgonecks

meganeck wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:59 am
wiu712 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:55 am
thanks - Still weird that all those guys are looking to leave, you think they would wait and see who was hired unless they are all pissed their coach got fired.
Putting your name in the portal doesn't mean you have to transfer. Would make sense to get a jump on things in case you don't like the new hire. If you like the hire and nothing better is popping up, you stay put. That is the era we now live in.
letsgonecks

meganeck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:14 pm David Jenkins, from South Dakota St, is transferring. Has a lot of high major programs reaching out to him.
They also lost 3 star Caleb Grill when their coach took the UNLV job.
Western_101

Sorry, for the deviation, but, I still don't understand why UMKC left the Summit? I mean if the voting bodies and the director of athletics like the way the WAC logo looks on the court or their uniform that could be a reason. If so they must have access to a time machine.

I dislike the Summit for lack of in State rivals and how it's become a Dakota League. However, no person in their right mind, would willfully go from a stable Summit to the Motley crew on life support that is the WAC.

Once New Mexico State leaves that's the last bastion of respectability out the door.
sealhall74

RedNeck wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:39 am Sorry, for the deviation, but, I still don't understand why UMKC left the Summit? I mean if the voting bodies and the director of athletics like the way the WAC logo looks on the court or their uniform that could be a reason. If so they must have access to a time machine.

I dislike the Summit for lack of in State rivals and how it's become a Dakota League. However, no person in their right mind, would willfully go from a stable Summit to the Motley crew on life support that is the WAC.

Once New Mexico State leaves that's the last bastion of respectability out the door.
If you have 350 of anything in life (marbles, trading cards, ...), you always need that OTHER/MISCELLANEOUS category for the misfits.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:13 am
RedNeck wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:39 am Sorry, for the deviation, but, I still don't understand why UMKC left the Summit? I mean if the voting bodies and the director of athletics like the way the WAC logo looks on the court or their uniform that could be a reason. If so they must have access to a time machine.

If you have 350 of anything in life (marbles, trading cards, ...), you always need that OTHER/MISCELLANEOUS category for the misfits.
Funny, Good point Seal.
letsgonecks

letsgonecks wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:56 am
meganeck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:14 pm David Jenkins, from South Dakota St, is transferring. Has a lot of high major programs reaching out to him.
They also lost 3 star Caleb Grill when their coach took the UNLV job.
Looks like they also lost Washington transfer Michael Carter III. He sat out last year after playing 17 games with Wash as true freshman in 2017.