Macomb Holiday Tournament

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
meganeck

Does anyone know about the Macomb Holiday Basketball Tournament? Its being played at Western Hall, I assume Macomb high school or the school district has to rent Western Hall from WIU. Does WIU sell the concessions or does MHS take care of that. Basically I'm just wondering what kind of benefit WIU gets from hosting this. Or is it just mainly to get get all these high school kids on campus as potential future students.
leatherneckcountry

I’m sure macomb probably pays something Macomb is in charge of concessions. The tournament has been going on for 60 years so there must be a pretty good relationship. When I was in school it was one of the better holiday tournaments around I know its been down a little bit for the last few years macomb not being very good doesn’t help that.
wiu712

The tournament is called "The Macomb-Western Holiday Basketball Tournament" because it was originally a joint venture between Macomb High School and Western High School.

The Tournament is a HUGE plus for Western. High school students and their parents from 16 high schools will be on campus. They could be future Western students.

If they are not already doing so, the Admissions Office should have a presence at the tournament.
Neckfansince71

Believe me, there is an absolute admissions presence this week in Western Hall! ;) jc
wiu712 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:42 pm The tournament is called "The Macomb-Western Holiday Basketball Tournament" because it was originally a joint venture between Macomb High School and Western High School.

The Tournament is a HUGE plus for Western. High school students and their parents from 16 high schools will be on campus. They could be future Western students.

If they are not already doing so, the Admissions Office should have a presence at the tournament.
:geek: :geek: :geek: