How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Couple of updates on things...

The new Arby's location is open in front of Farm King (the old one in the small strip mall back a ways has closed) and next to it will be a cellular phone place. I think US cellular, but not for sure on that.
There is also a spot right next to the cell phone place for a new building to be built if there's another interested business at some point. Just gravel there currently, but it's got parking spots set up around it and it's ready for something to be built.

Also a while back someone asked about the lot across from the (new) Pace (here: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.4607584 ... 312!8i6656). It used to be storage for Ameren (power company), but they didn't need it anymore. For the past year or so, they've been working on the lot due to chemical seepage that had to be cleaned up. They have completed that process, the fences around the area have been removed and as of right now, it looks like it'll just be a grass field in spring. I shot video while driving past the other day, so you can see what it looks like now (the big red building in the middle of the first half of the shot is the new Pace, for reference)

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Downtown Macomb Site Cleared & Ready for Re-development.
From Tri-States Public Radio, WIUM-FM:
https://www.tspr.org/post/downtown-maco ... evelopment
leatherneckcountry

Noticed Haeger pottery has been torn down anyone know if there are any plans for the property.
vatusay

Anyone know what is going on at old stage/stage sports buildings? Seem to be interior demo/remodeling there the last month or so.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:50 am Noticed Haeger pottery has been torn down anyone know if there are any plans for the property.
I haven't heard of anything planned. I think it'd be nice to just make it more green space and plant some small trees along the rail line, to help reduce noise from it.
vatusay wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:07 pm Anyone know what is going on at old stage/stage sports buildings? Seem to be interior demo/remodeling there the last month or so.
Which building is that?
wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:46 amWhich building is that?
Stage and then Goodys occupied the east end of the Triplex building to the east of Walmart. Dollar General was in the west end of that building. And JC Penneys occupied the center section.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:00 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:46 amWhich building is that?
Stage and then Goodys occupied the east end of the Triplex building to the east of Walmart. Dollar General was in the west end of that building. And JC Penneys occupied the center section.
Oh right. It didn't seem like those two (Stage and Goodys) were there very long, so I don't really think about them being there. I haven't heard about anything moving in, but that doesn't mean anything.
Gryanwood

I had the beyond sausage there and was actually pretty good. taste like mushrooms!
leatherneckcountry

Dairy Queen is now open for the season