How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:So I’ve heard a rumor today that the person who owns Louie’s has bought red ox does anyone know of any plans
I haven't heard or seen anything, but I'll keep an eye on the building. I drive past it every day when school is in session. The old El Ranch has been undergoing remodeling for a while.

Also, what's Louie's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:06 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote:So I’ve heard a rumor today that the person who owns Louie’s has bought red ox does anyone know of any plans
I haven't heard or seen anything, but I'll keep an eye on the building. I drive past it every day when school is in session. The old El Ranch has been undergoing remodeling for a while.

Also, what's Louie's?

It’s the diner on the square right across from chicks
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:06 pm

Also, what's Louie's?

It’s the diner on the square right across from chicks
At the corner where Pag's used to be? It's actually a Mexican restaurant now called El Jarochito:
https://goo.gl/maps/frVyvUbTYyTq8ait8

wiu712

The El Jarochito building has had past lives as Louie's Diner, Cookie's Diner, and Pagliai's Pizza.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote:The El Jarochito building has had past lives as Louie's Diner, Cookie's Diner, and Pagliai's Pizza.
I guess I never noticed/realized the switch from Cookie's to Louie's.

sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:07 pm
wiu712 wrote:The El Jarochito building has had past lives as Louie's Diner, Cookie's Diner, and Pagliai's Pizza.

Wow, the only thing I recognize around the square is Dicks Barber Shop where I used to get my haircut. Not sure it was Dick's back then though.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

The dollar general signs are going up at the new location in the old family video
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:32 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:07 pm

Wow, the only thing I recognize around the square is Dicks Barber Shop where I used to get my haircut. Not sure it was Dick's back then though.
It's been Dick's for a while though. My father-in-law has been going there since they moved to town...would have been around 30 years ago.

The places that I know of that have been there for a while and are still there: The Cafe, Purdum Electric, Citizens Bank, Gumbarts, Diamond Den (although the jewelry repair guy bought it when Sue Melton retired and he changed the name...essentially the same place though), Nelson's Clothing. Michael's Hair Designers have been there a while, but maybe not as long as some of the others...probably 30+ years though.

That's about all I can think of. I tried to use Google Streetview, but it's about 7 years out of date and a lot has changed even since then.

Brown's Shoe Fit Company is still in town, but they moved off the square out to the east end of town, in the plaza where Larry A's is.
sealhall74

Has anyone had the opportunity to try out some offerings from the Boss Food Truck? I notice they seem to be hanging out near Forgottonia Brewing pretty often. They seem to spending time between Galesburg and Macomb. The pulled pork and tenderloin sandwiches look good from the pictures. I wonder if they could set up shop at Hanson Field for football games.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:09 pm Has anyone had the opportunity to try out some offerings from the Boss Food Truck? I notice they seem to be hanging out near Forgottonia Brewing pretty often. Appears they also spend time in Galesburg. The pulled pork and tenderloin sandwiches look good from the pictures. I wonder if they could set up shop at Hanson Field for football games.