Homecoming Tailgate

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:37 pm So end it 15 minutes before game time. Students can either go to the game or go home! Most if not all of the people in the "old person" area pretty much headed for the game. Its a tweak that will help control things a bit more. ;) jc
Sounds good. Is that something that needs to get sent to Matt Tanney in an email, or do you want to relay that request to him, 71? Or is someone else in charge of tailgating procedures?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

I would be more than happy to relay the message to the "powers" that be. ;) jc
sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:52 pm I would be more than happy to relay the message to the "powers" that be. ;) jc
Not to be too picky here, but also tell him/her to copy or move the tailgating policy page to Fan Zone. Right now it under the Tickets page. That is not the first place I would look for it. When in doubt, do what the Blue Devils and the Bison do. Duke has a search option on their site making it even easier to find. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

I hope that we see better behavior at the next Tailgate on October 14.

It was bad enough that the Alumni had to see the condition of Q-Lot after Saturday's game. But the next game is Family Weekend. Lots of parents will be in town.
leatherface

I would also suggest a visible police presence be there. Not in an intimidating manner,but, to let folks know some things will not be allowed. Also, the athletic department encourage them to make arrests if appropriate. That'd not going to "run off" any fans, except the ones you don't want there any way.
wiu712

leatherface wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:30 amI would also suggest a visible police presence be there.
There did not appear to be as many "Event Staff" people circulating through Q-Lot as in past years.
leatherface

So, who would be the"event staff" people? Volunteer's, students? I can't imagine them having much authority or even desire to get involved in too many issues.
leatherneckcountry

leatherface wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 pm So, who would be the"event staff" people? Volunteer's, students? I can't imagine them having much authority or even desire to get involved in too many issues.
There are students but usually OPS is out as well.
wiu712

leatherface wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 pmSo, who would be the"event staff" people? Volunteer's, students? I can't imagine them having much authority or even desire to get involved in too many issues.
I think that they have radio contact with OPS. So they provide another set of "eyes".
wiu712

Tailgating at UNI ends at the start of the game except for the "Panther Scholarship Club" members who have a special parking lot reserved for them.

UNI does allow for tailgating to resume for one hour after the game. But tailgating is not permitted at any time during the game.