Homecoming Week

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
wiu712

Looks like it will be a chilly morning for the parade with temps starting out in the 40's. Suppose to be reach the upper 50's in the afternoon.

Winds will be east at 5-10 mph. 40% chance of rain on Saturday.
wiu712

Lake Ruth Fountain in Homecoming Color.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

It was cool, but not as cold as I expected for the 5k this morning. Ended up getting some light rain for a bit in the middle of it, but nothing too bad.

I think they pushed back the rain in the forecast to later this evening, so hopefully we won't get much/any during the game.

I'll be playing on my purple trombone, so if you're at the game or watching video and they show the band...the short guy with sunglasses and a purple trombone is me.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

18 photos from the Homecoming game.

From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/photogall ... /1?start=2
wiu712

Marching Leathernecks Homecoming Pre-game show:

Marching Leathernecks Homecoming Halftime show:
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:50 pm Marching Leathernecks Homecoming Pre-game show:

Marching Leathernecks Homecoming Halftime show:
A Big Two Thumbs Up on adding vocals to the show.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:18 am A Big Two Thumbs Up on adding vocals to the show.
Yeah, that was a pretty cool part. The singer was the guy who played the Pharaoh (Elvis-type character) in the Summer Stage run of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. There were a few microphone issues at the beginning of the song, but whatever it was seemed to get fixed or fix itself by a little bit into it.
GV Dad

We need to add about 20-30 more students to our band. Is that a recruiting thing, a money thing, or both? They are good, not saying that. But would love to see more numbers.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:03 pm We need to add about 20-30 more students to our band. Is that a recruiting thing, a money thing, or both? They are good, not saying that. But would love to see more numbers.
I mean...the band director would love to see more numbers too. They were around 200 when I was in band, but back then enrollment was around twice what is is now. As a % of total enrollment, it's stayed about the same. They do all they can to recruit, but many students don't seem willing to put forth that much work for 1 credit hour. They've even cut back on required rehearsals to make it less of a time sink for students, but it's still a lot more time and effort than most 3 credit hour courses. I've heard that some college bands are able to pay members to be in the marching band (or at least offer talent grants/scholarships), but we've never been able to get that level of funding from the department or university to be able to do that.