Leatherneck Club

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
sealhall74

A great video to promote the NEW Leatherneck Club and its benefits to the student-athletes.

[youtube][/youtube] Image
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU0812

Looks like leatherneck club is at 530 members which is still a long shot from the 750 they want to achieve by the end of June. They would need some more get out there and solicit people to donate money to the club. They really need to go to local Walmart or places such as this and encourage donations and have items to give away on site. Keep up the push if you have not already signed up go out and donate even a small donation counts towards the end goal. Show your leatherneck pride!
WIU0812

The golf outing had an exciting announcement yesterday in that if anyone can ace hole 17 during the June 2nd golf outing they will win a new 2014 Camry!

http://www.goleathernecks.com/ViewArtic ... =209475500

http://www.goleathernecks.com/ViewArtic ... =209307376
sealhall74

I recently received notification that I am now a Leatherneck Club member at Varsity level. I don't recall doing anything more than getting on the WIU donation site a while back and signing up me and three buddies for the upcoming Badger affair. Yes, it cost me about 3 bills for the entire shindig and that amount would certainly be in the Varsity range but I sure was surprised to get that letter. Just wondering if that is a "blunder" with the accounting system or an added "feature". I don't mind fessing up and making things right if there was a mistake. If it is a feature/benefit, it is a very nice one as it should encourage more participation in out-of-town athletic event functions. Hey, I am not complaining - just thinking that the Badgers are getting more from my dollars than is my alma mater.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU0812

Your best bet would be to email Michael Jones at M-Jones2@wiu.edu. He appears to be the person in charge of the leatherneck club and would have any of that info that you need.