Coaching needs

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:59 am As for softball, it looks like Holly Van Vlymen will be the interim HC for this season: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2019/11 ... ugout.aspx
Van Vlyman is WIU's Assistant Athletic Director for Academic Services and Student-Athlete Development. Prior to that she was the HC of the softball team from 2006 to 2016.
Glad to see Holly, doing this, rather she really wanted to do it is another thing, but anyway hopefully they can get a quality coach now.
meganeck

meganeck wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:08 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:34 am More information about Swimming & Diving: https://swimswam.com/western-illinois-t ... ents-show/
Kudos to this site (swimswam.com), they are all over this story. I'm sure there are legal reason why they wouldn't comment when asked his employment status with the university, but not sure why they couldn't just confirm he was no longer the swim coach. Instead they had to file the Freedom of Info thing, which granted they probably would of done anyway.
According to the swimswam website, WIU is again without a swim coach.
WIUSuperFan

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this, but have there been any talks about staffing changes for men's basketball? Or is it to early yet?
Devin Biggs
BS, Meteorology (2017)
Alumnus of Western Illinois University
Email: dm-biggs@wiu.edu
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIUSuperFan wrote:Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this, but have there been any talks about staffing changes for men's basketball? Or is it to early yet?
Season's not over yet. Check back on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
huskie

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:19 pm
WIUSuperFan wrote:Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this, but have there been any talks about staffing changes for men's basketball? Or is it to early yet?

Regardless how Coach Wright's season ends this year he needs to be gone. He's been head coach for 6 years and we continue to be always fighting for that last playoff spot. Its time for a change. His contract ends this year it will be a clean break.
sealhall74

huskie wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:41 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:19 pm

Regardless how Coach Wright's season ends this year he needs to be gone. He's been head coach for 6 years and we continue to be always fighting for that last playoff spot. Its time for a change. His contract ends this year it will be a clean break.
I just checked the record book. We have only two winning record seasons since the turn of the century. We need more than a coaching change. Someone else said it - we need a culture change.
Embrace the pace of the race.
huskie

I'm all in.
vatusay

I’m always #allin.
#ALLIN #YOLO