Restore The Glory

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
WIU0812

Well I have an email in on this subject and I will let everyone know when I hear back. I just do not see what is so special other than the toughness in those pendant flags that cost $300 each.
sealhall74

We are now $50 closer to goal in ST's name. At the rate we are going, the flags might be flying high by the Indiana State game. I think I will bring a BIG empty pickle jar to the Madison social on Saturday and slap a label on it: "Please Help! We are in a bit of pickle now and need some flags for Hanson Field". I am not joking around this time. God I hope Madison has a Sam's Club so I can grab a Gallon jar of pickles on Friday. My buddies and I are going to have some good eatin' on Friday night. ;)

Also not joking, if AD gives the go-ahead on the cheaper flags, the first eight or whatever it takes to max them out on the the existing flag poles are on me. Just a question. Has anyone checked out the condition of the poles and holders yet?
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:I hope Madison has a Sam's Club so I can grab a Gallon jar of pickles on Friday.
Madison does have a Sam's Club:

7050 Watts Rd.
Madison, WI 53719
(608) 273-2146
WIU0812

sealhall74 wrote:
Also not joking, if AD gives the go-ahead on the cheaper flags, the first eight or whatever it takes to max them out on the the existing flag poles are on me. Just a question. Has anyone checked out the condition of the poles and holders yet?
Yes, the athletics department verified they are all still there and in usable condition. The flags were in bad shape so they said they could not fly them at all until replaced so everything should be good to go once new flags are purchased.
WIU0812

Alright, well I guess the school has decided to fund the rest of the money since it did not come in fast enough and I suppose since we did not like the flag as much and they did it means that they will be going with the pendant style flag I posted before. They said the flags were much more durable and higher quality than the bookstore ones, which I believe but am surprised by the cost as it seems a little ridiculous for that size flag to cost $300.

Any how I did mention that the forum was going to be looking into doing a year long fundraiser for a specific project in the future with the permission of the school. I figure that if we raised money throughout a full year it would be easier to raise funds over the span of a year. Would be nice to see if we can have something together by beginning of next season. Perhaps, ST can create a PayPal account or something for the website which would be able to allow direct deposit and help keep track of funds. My vote is get permission to buy some windscreen for a portion of the fence perhaps along Q lot to start since the west side will be changing. The other item I would suggest as an alternate would be getting a large poster or banner that can be hung up either on that building or somewhere at the field and ideas would be awesome then have a vote on it and once we have one everyone likes we can suggest this to Tommy Bell and see what happens.
sealhall74

That is Good news. Now I have to decide whether to scrap the pickle project entirely and simply eat my pickles over 3 days instead of one.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

sealhall74 wrote:That is Good news. Now I have to decide whether to scrap the pickle project entirely and simply eat my pickles over 3 days instead of one.

Keep the pickle project - it will give us a head start on the next thing we want to fund. ;)
WIU0812

Agreed, if some ideas get shouted out between now and tomorrow at 11 AM we can get moving on something and at least see what is next.
wiu712

How about something that can be done near the main entrance into Hanson Field from Q-Lot or around the Rocky statue ???
WIU0812

I am all for improving that area just fully expect them to change this area when the do the stands in the next few areas so it has to be something that can be used in a different area once that one is improved or it can go along with the new area. That is part of why I suggested a customized windscreen with writing and the graphics on it similar to the one they placed on the soccer field so it can be moved around if needed and used in different areas. Obviously that one was very expensive so it would be only part of it such as down near Q lot or on up near union lot around a 100' to 200' stretch. I always enjoyed the view from union lot to field, but thought they should do something to make the football field more of a gameday mystery. Most stadiums you can not see in to them without physically going to a game pr watching on TV, which gives students kind of a sense of wanting to go just to see what is in there. Maybe that is just me though.