Provost Position

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Interim Provost Kathy Newman (interim for over 3 years) is stepping down as interim provost: http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php ... e_id=15957
COFAC Dean Billy Clow will take over as Interim Dean.

I have no idea if this was her decision, finally got fed up with everything, or what.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

Monday's news at Western was shocking to say the least.

Cathy Early resigning from the BOT and Kathy Neumann no longer being Interim Provost.

Not a good day for Western C/Kathy's, but more importantly, not a good day for Western.

President Thomas has clearly not liked Neumann or she never would have lingered 3+ years as an Interim. Expect the 2nd search to fail as well and Clow to be soon after named Provost without the Interim.
wiu51

I wasn't aware Cathy Early resigned from the BOT. Where did you see that?
leatherneckcountry

Tere North wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:53 am Monday's news at Western was shocking to say the least.

Cathy Early resigning from the BOT and Kathy Neumann no longer being Interim Provost.

Not a good day for Western C/Kathy's, but more importantly, not a good day for Western.

President Thomas has clearly not liked Neumann or she never would have lingered 3+ years as an Interim. Expect the 2nd search to fail as well and Clow to be soon after named Provost without the Interim.
I know people who know her pretty well and I was told she didn't want it why she stayed in the position for so long is beyond me.
leatherneckcountry

wiu51 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:00 am I wasn't aware Cathy Early resigned from the BOT. Where did you see that?
I read it on Tri State radio FB page.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Here's that post from TSPR's facebook page:

You can listen to the audio from the meeting here: http://www.wiu.edu/general_counsel/noti ... /audio.mp3
Neckfansince71

Cathy Early is and has always been a class person! She cares deeply about WIU/Macomb! I truly wish her well!! ;) jc
wiu712

That is two big changes to the leadership team at Western.

President Thomas will be announcing $5.5 million in non-academic cuts later this year.

Macomb merchants are getting worried as the enrollment numbers continue to go down.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Update to the provost search. Candidates have been narrowed down to 4 and will be conducting on-campus interviews.

http://www.wiu.edu/employment/provost/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tere North

Last Provost search failed. Wonder if this one will be successful. If it is, it will me an all male executive council (Pres and VPs).