Western Challenge 2019

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Their goal is $150,000 total today, up to ~31% of that so far (as of when I'm posting this).
If you're a Leatherneck Club member or want to support any of the programs/departments, now is a good time to make your donation because there's quite a few matching challenges going on as well: http://www.wiu.edu/vpaps/the_western_ch ... llenge.php

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

Definitely an easy way to renew or start your membership in the Leatherneck Club! Let's keep the ball rolling! ;) jc
wiu712

“Purple and Gold Day” returns to Western.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/44442/news/p ... o-western/
meganeck

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:38 am Definitely an easy way to renew or start your membership in the Leatherneck Club! Let's keep the ball rolling! ;) jc
If you already renewed your LC membership and contribute to athletics today, how does that work, does it get added to the renewal or is it just separate?

And I mean if you choose a specific sport to give money to during the challenge
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:44 pm
Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:38 am Definitely an easy way to renew or start your membership in the Leatherneck Club! Let's keep the ball rolling! ;) jc
If you already renewed your LC membership and contribute to athletics today, how does that work, does it get added to the renewal or is it just separate?

Not really sure, but I'd bet if you wanted to email or call the athletics department, they'd be willing to help get things figured out.
Michael Jones is the Assistant AD for Development, so I'd assume you could email him: M-Jones2@wiu.edu
Or call the athletics dept office at 298-1190
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:27 pm
meganeck wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:44 pm

Not really sure, but I'd bet if you wanted to email or call the athletics department, they'd be willing to help get things figured out.
Michael Jones is the Assistant AD for Development, so I'd assume you could email him: M-Jones2@wiu.edu
Or call the athletics dept office at 298-1190
thanks Scott, , I was just curious will probably still make a small donation today either way.
meganeck

Congrats to everybody involved, donors and people in charge of the challenge, looks like athletics and the overall goals ($150,000) were met and exceeded.

It would be nice to hear what some of the money donated was used on, but probably won't. I know some of it goes to scholarships,etc, but more tangible projects either athletic or campus wise would be nice to hear about.
wiu712

The Western Challenge Breaks Record, Exceeds Goal!
http://wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php?release_id=16419