New marketing

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
sealhall74

Logos are nice to look at. Solid programs leading to good jobs in the future are your meat and potatoes though. If we don't offer up a robotics degree, now might be the time.

Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:42 am Logos are nice to look at. Solid programs leading to good jobs in the future are your meat and potatoes though. If we don't offer up a robotics degree, now might be the time.
I absolutely agree. Why robotics engineering wasn't added when we have far more experience with that than electrical engineering is lost on me. Robotics are the future!
Western_101

Maybe we should take a look at IIT's curriculum offerings? Not everybody is interested in going to school at an urban campus in a massive and dense Mega city.

Maybe Western could add some of what they offer?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

New brand guidelines (including logo usage starting at page 17): http://www.wiu.edu/vpaps/marketing/doc ... elines.pdf
Something I'd like to point out...no bell tower logo :D

Also, for anyone who watched Dr. Abraham's presentation the week before classes started, you might have already seen this, but this video illustrates our new brand "identity".

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

I like it! ;) jc
Tere North

I have sense that our "core values" will be changing with a focus on these pillars. If those pillars represent the brand, they represent Western.
Tere North

Awesome to see the new block W logo appear on the website today, replacing the bell tower and the QC campus logos!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tere North wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:31 am Awesome to see the new block W logo appear on the website today, replacing the bell tower and the QC campus logos!
It's going to take a little while to get everything changed across all the web stuff, but we're getting there. It's going to take a while on some of the more "permanent" things...like signage around campus will be updated when it needs replacing, for example.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Now if we can just get the folks in the Athletic dept to know the difference between Missouri Valley State and Mississippi Valley State. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:26 am Now if we can just get the folks in the Athletic dept to know the difference between Missouri Valley State and Mississippi Valley State. :lol:
:lol: There is a Mississippi Valley State University, but only a Missouri Valley College, although we do play football in the Missouri Valley Conference.

Could S vs C be a new dyslexia issue (MVS - the school, vs MVC - the conference). Or, it is like to me, anything east of Naperville and north of I88 is Chicago, much to the dislike of my suburbian friends :mrgreen: