Football Recruits - 2019

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Lest you think the coaching staff is taking a long winters nap after signing day, we've got some more offers out for kids, including a 6'6" QB from Ft. Scott (KS) CC who's originally from Jefferson City, MO:

Also a punter out of Iowa Western CC:

The punter can also do FGs and his brother was a 5* kicker who's at Penn State. Also...this has gotta sting:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
CRS Neck

Kid is huge for a punter! Looks like a TE
CRS Neck

I like the QBs film. Nice touch, throws a very catchable ball. Also has pretty good feet. Not going to be a 1,000 rusher, but can run enough to be a viable threat. Moves well in the pocket too.
sealhall74

A "GunnarSlinger" at QB and a "Hunter the Punter" to pin them back deep. This could be good.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

CRS Neck wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:25 am Kid is huge for a punter! Looks like a TE
Yeah, was thinking if he came in and won the kicking job, we'd have a ridiculously huge special teams. Fellner looks and is built like a DE/TE.

Reminds me of a funny story told by a former Met and one time Brewer outfielder Kirk Nieuwenhuis. Said he was thinking about playing college football and was on a visit to Colorado, some guys were on the field shirts off and he asked the coach, does that guy play safety? Coach said, no that's Mason Crosby our punter (6-2 215 listing in college). Kirk said, that's when I knew I was going to be a baseball player.
WIU2DC

Gunnar See unfortunately signed with Indiana State... so as of now another year with no QB recruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:47 pm Gunnar See unfortunately signed with Indiana State... so as of now another year with no QB recruit.

Not quite:
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:47 pm Gunnar See unfortunately signed with Indiana State... so as of now another year with no QB recruit.

Not quite:

That’s great to hear but at the time my statement stood true. Haha. But, nevertheless excited to have QB on our roster.

sealhall74

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:47 am
ST_Lawson wrote:

Not quite:

That’s great to hear but at the time my statement stood true. Haha. But, nevertheless excited to have QB on our roster.

I did not know Midwestern Prep Academy existed. They must be using some facilities from the old Chanute Air Force Base.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:59 pm I did not know Midwestern Prep Academy existed. They must be using some facilities from the old Chanute Air Force Base.
Same here. Their facilities look pretty decent though: http://www.midwestprepacademy.com/
Yeah, looks like that's the area they're located in...large open spaces and fields to the west of the runways.

Beck himself is from Burlington, IA...so a fairly local kid.