Question on Family Day Game

GV Dad

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:25 pm I have said for years that we need to have a couple of hoops games every year at the IWireless Now Taxslayer in Moline.

I just wonder how a football game at Modern Woodmen would go over. I assume it could be converted into a football field layout. Sight lines would not be great but the picturesque view along the Mississippi would be priceless.

IMHO, either you settle for status quo or you take some risks now and then to improve your situation,.

I was at the Montana State game last year. Their stadium and fanbase around reminded me a lot of what SDSU has going. Reality is Macomb is growing old. The townies just dont get out to the games like they used to. Where the students are, Lord only knows but someone needs to find out.

This would be awesome!!
sealhall74

Modern Woodmen Park, formerly John O'Donnell Stadium, did host high school football up until around 1990. After that, football was relocated to Brady Street Stadium where St. Ambrose U also calls it their home. Brady Street Stadium looks to be very similar to Hanson Field in terms of seating capacity and turf field. Modern Woodmen only seats about 4000 for baseball but they have a lot of party decks and the Chevy berm for additional spectator viewing areas.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:I’ve had some interactions with Diane Cassimire. She has some good ideas and is very open to others. If you ever get a chance to meet her I highly recommend it. She’s a very impressive and energetic young lady. Hoping the new administration gives her the support she needs to implement ideas and try new things. Her email is dL-cassimire@wiu.edu

What is her title at WIU?

The QC Campus would only work if the Illinois state legislator shut down the Macomb Campus and sent all the programs to the QC. As, the student athletes would be on a campus by themselves with commuters. But, would be nice to have a metro bases of over 100K to attend D1 football games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:04 pm
GV Dad wrote:I’ve had some interactions with Diane Cassimire. She has some good ideas and is very open to others. If you ever get a chance to meet her I highly recommend it. She’s a very impressive and energetic young lady. Hoping the new administration gives her the support she needs to implement ideas and try new things. Her email is dL-cassimire@wiu.edu

The QC Campus would only work if the Illinois state legislator shut down the Macomb Campus and sent all the programs to the QC. As, the student athletes would be on a campus by themselves with commuters. But, would be nice to have a metro bases of over 100K to attend D1 football games.

Ya, I don’t think Diane is the right contact to get Athletics moved to QC. But she’s the one for all your game day in Macomb ideas. She’s the Asst AD for External Engagement and Game Day Operations
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:04 pm

Ya, I don’t think Diane is the right contact to get Athletics moved to QC. But she’s the one for all your game day in Macomb ideas. She’s the Asst AD for External Engagement and Game Day Operations

Oh, the QC idea will never happen and if it did it would be mean two things. 1. It would be over an extended period of time and 2. The WIU campus in Macomb would likely close. But, good to know I’ll shoot her an email one of these days.

wiu712

GV Dad wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:26 pmLast year on Family Day we only had announced attendance of 4,011. I know the town was full of parents that day, and it was next to impossible to find hotel rooms. Why was attendance so low? What does family day consist of on Campus? What, if anything can be done to “push” people to Hanson field at 3:00? Would love to have 6 or 7 thousand since the people are already in town.
One factor to consider when you are trying to fill seats is the cost of the tickets.

Tickets for the first three home games in 2019 (which includes Family Weekend and Homecoming) are $20 Reserved, $15 General Admission, and $10 Youth/Senior.

Tickets for the remaining three home games are $15 Reserved, $10 General Admission, and $5 Youth/Senior.

There are thousands of empty seats at the football games. One idea to get more people into those seats would be to have a $5 General Admission ticket for everyone at every game.

We had 4,011 for our 2018 Family Weekend game. Eastern Illinois had 7,670 for theirs.

We had 4,532 for our 2018 Homecoming game. Eastern Illinois had 7,413 for theirs.

Eastern's other crowds for 2018 were 6,420, 3,063, and 2,149.

Our other crowds for 2018 were 2,832, 2,701, and 1,813.
sealhall74

How about family pricing for season tickets as well as family day. Lets define family as any group of up to 5 adults and/or children. $125 gets your family in the gate for all six games. $25 bucks for a single game. The season ticket route is the better deal and encourages them to come out to all of the games. General Admission seats of course. Dont have 5 in your immediate family, bring a friend or two.

Double the cost and throw in a hotdog or burger, fries or chips, and a big drink (served in a Rocky commemorative cup of course) for the entire family.

Get Sodexo involved with the food. Letting the track boys and girls cook up my burgers and dogs is a little sleazy IMHO.
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

I totally agree. They should get creative with the ticket prices at this point, to try and build attendance habits. Then increase later if necessary. For the game on the 21st, I know they are having a youth day, and offering discount tix to youth groups as well as recognition for their group during the game. And they will always work with large groups to help them out with costs. Our parents group is purchasing about 200 tickets for the opener, and donating them to some groups in Macomb. They are working with us on price and also purchasing process. What I don’t know is how hard they are marketing this to groups in and around Macomb. Hopefully actively.
rocki

This is just my thought, but I still think it's nuts that only kids under 3 get in free, and then they have to be in someone's lap. I think the free should extend up until 12 or 13 - even with the current "youth" rate, taking the family and/or friends to a game can be expensive. I'm way past worrying about having to pay for kids, but I remember back in the day we usually wanted to take a couple of buddies with us - that just makes it even more difficult for people to be able to attend, I would think.
GV Dad

rocki wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:19 am This is just my thought, but I still think it's nuts that only kids under 3 get in free, and then they have to be in someone's lap. I think the free should extend up until 12 or 13 - even with the current "youth" rate, taking the family and/or friends to a game can be expensive. I'm way past worrying about having to pay for kids, but I remember back in the day we usually wanted to take a couple of buddies with us - that just makes it even more difficult for people to be able to attend, I would think.
$25 Family pack. 4 GA tickets, 4 sodas and 4 small popcorns.