2018 Roster Updates

GV Dad

GV Dad

3 Star recruit on Rivals. Signed with Temple, never played. Sits 2018, then 3 to play.
Leatherneck57

He shouldn’t have to sit out...should have 4 years of eligibility I would think.
leatherneckcountry

Looks like he could play multiple positions.
Leatherneck57

Got confirmation today...he will be a Redshirt Freshman this fall and will have 4 years at WIU. Does not have to sit out and will be an Outside Linebacker/Rush End. He did play RB in high school. If you watch his tape...he’s scary as a runner!

O Lineman better be quick out of their stance with this guy coming off the edge!! 😳
WIU2DC

Leatherneck57 wrote:Got confirmation today...he will be a Redshirt Freshman this fall and will have 4 years at WIU. Does not have to sit out and will be an Outside Linebacker/Rush End. He did play RB in high school. If you watch his tape...he’s scary as a runner!

O Lineman better be quick out of their stance with this guy coming off the edge!! Image

So just to confirm he can play this upcoming season if he gets a starting spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote:
Leatherneck57 wrote:Got confirmation today...he will be a Redshirt Freshman this fall and will have 4 years at WIU. Does not have to sit out and will be an Outside Linebacker/Rush End. He did play RB in high school. If you watch his tape...he’s scary as a runner!

O Lineman better be quick out of their stance with this guy coming off the edge!! Image

Yes. FBS to FCS transfers you don't have to sit out any time.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote:

That’s what I thought but saw someone say he has to sit out. I hope he is as talented as his videos.

leatherneckcountry

WIU2DC wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Yeah cause he transferred from the FBS to the FCS level

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote:

That’s what I thought but saw someone say he has to sit out. I hope he is as talented as his videos.

Different kid. The one transferring from Charleston Southern (FCS) was the one we didn't know about. This guy is coming from Temple (FBS).

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000