WIU vs Indiana State (11/17/2018) - Senior Day

wiu712

Football faces Sycamores on Senior Day.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/42895/sports ... enior-day/
WIU2DC

Leatherneck57 wrote:I say their Cinderella season comes to an end Saturday against the Leathernecks! I truly believe our boys won’t have a let down 2 weeks in a row.

If you look at their schedule they only have one big win and that was on the road against Youngstown State (and YSU was having major issues then
in the locker room and only started playing the last two weeks when their HC called them out), They beat up a D2 Quincy University for their first win since 2016, lost to a 2-8 Louisville team (who’s fired their HC...wish I would be fired and receive a $14.5 million dollar buyout), gave up 41 points to a bad Eastern Illinois team, got shut out by UNI at home 33-0, got beat by MO State at home by 3 (MO State controlled the game until the 4th qtr), beat SIU on the road by 3, beat S.D. at home in overtime and beat ISU at home by 5. SDSU most likely overlooked Indiana State because they were coming off a tough 21-17 loss to NDSU the week before. That happens a lot.

Yes we should have beat S.D. but we had our worst game of the year. It was just a bad game any way you look at it. We had ISU 16-12 heading into the 4th qtr and again had a bad qtr based on poor field position. The only game we haven’t been in was against NDSU and that wasn’t until the 4th qtr when they scored 10 points.

I like our chances this week to get the job done and get an at large bid based on finishing 3rd in the MVFC and our SOS. Finishing 3rd in the MVFC is more prestigious than finishing 2nd or 3rd in a lot of other conferences!

Go Necks!

I totally agree with this, of all of our losses this year the only one we were actually outmatched with was NDSU. I would gladly have our team line up against anyone in the playoffs and I’d put money on us winning the second time. Including, U of I too. We are a good team but we need a full game tomorrow and hopefully every game in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:44 pm I totally agree with this, of all of our losses this year the only one we were actually outmatched with was NDSU. I would gladly have our team line up against anyone in the playoffs and I’d put money on us winning the second time. Including, U of I too. We are a good team but we need a full game tomorrow and hopefully every game in the playoffs.

I agree. We play like we did against UNI in every game this season, I think we're 9-1 at this point, losing only the NDSU game. The issue has just been consistency.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:44 pm I totally agree with this, of all of our losses this year the only one we were actually outmatched with was NDSU. I would gladly have our team line up against anyone in the playoffs and I’d put money on us winning the second time. Including, U of I too. We are a good team but we need a full game tomorrow and hopefully every game in the playoffs.

I agree. We play like we did against UNI in every game this season, I think we're 9-1 at this point, losing only the NDSU game. The issue has just been consistency.
Yep, which makes this so frustrating because we are very talented. But, if we can put a full game together tomorrow, win, and limp into the playoffs we have the ability to shock a lot of teams in the playoffs.

WIU2DC

I’m actually in Illinois at starved rock for a wedding this weekend. Will the WIU game be on tv locally?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:53 pm I’m actually in Illinois at starved rock for a wedding this weekend. Will the WIU game be on tv locally?

Only ESPN3. No local stations show WIU football. I wish we could get something going with one of the stations out of Quincy or the Quad Cities to show games on one of their broadcast channels, but I doubt that'll ever happen. I think I've only seen one WIU game aired live on "local" TV before.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Max Norris is out today per radio pre-game show.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:47 pm Max Norris is out today per radio pre-game show.
He's looked like he's been playing hurt for a while.
Leatherneck309

Good start for WIU!

Missed the last 2 games but stoked to be able to watch this one.
sealhall74

HIp looked down to me.
Embrace the pace of the race.