ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Make it 6....
Dylan Runkel, 6'7", 220lb TE from Burlington, WI

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

We got a second TE today. Just waiting for the twitter post. So we're at 7! CRAZY!!!
GV Dad

Lost the LB already. Committed to Navy tonight.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:Lost the LB already. Committed to Navy tonight.

Damn, but that’s a good FBS school to lose a recruit to. If it was New Mexico State I’d be upset lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

Kids today have a different meaning to the word commitment. Of course, the schools are quick to pull dollar amounts offered as well, so I guess it’s a 2 way street.
sealhall74

Navy has a Prep School with a full schedule where they can send a kid for essentially a red-shirt year of building him up academically and athletically. They also play a four game JV schedule so they can give the younger kids some playing time.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:44 am Navy has a Prep School with a full schedule where they can send a kid for essentially a red-shirt year of building him up academically and athletically. They also play a four game JV schedule so they can give the younger kids some playing time.
Gives them a chance to decide if that's the direction they really want to go. If he does in fact go the Navy Prep route and has a change of heart, he could go somewhere else next year, still red-shirt and not lose any eligibility since the first year is Prep.

LB Greg Benton Jr spent a year at Army prep and red-shirted last year. One time back Bryce Flowers spent a year at Army Prep and believe Martinez Davis did at Air Force, but not 100% sure on that. Both those guys played without red-shirting.
GV Dad

It’s a big decision, a decision that can change the rest of your life. We don’t want players here that don’t want to be here. No Ill will towards this kid, hope he does well at Navy.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote:It’s a big decision, a decision that can change the rest of your life. We don’t want players here that don’t want to be here. No Ill will towards this kid, hope he does well at Navy.
Exactly. If a great opportunity presents itself, you gotta go for it. If he felt like Navy is a better fit for him, then I can't fault him for choosing that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

In addition to free tuition and room and board, all military academy cadets receive a monthly paycheck to cover expenses like uniforms, books, laundry, haircuts, athletic fees, computers, etc. Currently, that pay is approx $1000 per month. The amount that they can call their own and spend as they see fit generally increases each year as they advance from first year Plebes to fourth year Firsties.
Embrace the pace of the race.